- It’s been confirmed that Toshiba will purchase substantially all of OCZ Technology’s SSD business assets under bankruptcy sales. TOKYO–(BUSINESS WIRE)– Toshiba Corporation (TOKYO:6502) today announced that it has entered into an agreement at December 2 with OCZ Technology Group, Inc. to acquire substantially all the assets of OCZ Technology’s SSD business. The transaction will be […]
- G.skill has announced they will attempt to break the extreme DDR3 memory performance world overclocking record over a 4 day event at Computex 2012 held in Taipei. It will be an industry first where the top 4 motherboard manufacturers, Asus, Gigabyte, Evga and MSI team up with the best professional overclockers in the world. Along […]
- A compiled list of up coming and announced Intel X79 Quad Channel DDR3 memory kits. Will be updated as new kits are announced.
- Looks like Corsair memory has taken back the crown for the fastest memory in the world – Corsair Dominator GTX4 DDR3-2533Mhz 9-11-10-30 at 1.65v memory voltage and 1.45v CPU VTT. Each 2GB Corsair Dominator GTX4 DDR3-2533Mhz memory module was hand tested by Corsair Engineering Specialist, Michal Nowicki (bachus_anonym) and will cost US$325 at their online […]
- New Memtest86+ v4.10 has been released to support the new 32nm processors with integrated memory controllers. There’s also a new installer to load Memtest86+ and a bootloader on to a USB flash memory drive.
- Elpida has announced it’s completion of development of their 40nm 2 Gigabit DDR3 SDRAM memory chips.
- Corsair has announced a re-launch of their Dominator GT kits with new part numbers.
- Anandtech.com revisits Elpida Hyper based IC triple channel memory kits and shares their experiences regarding the failure rates with the recent batches of Elpida Hyper ICs.
- Mushkin has announced on their support forums, that they’ll be suspending purchases of Elpida Hyper ICs until a resolution to their failure rates are found.
- Corsair has issued an announcement regarding their Corsair Dominator GT products amidst the reports of unexplainable failures on the Elpida Hyper based ICs used in the memory modules.
- Finally completed my 6GB Corsair Dominator GT 2000 7-8-7-20 (TR3X6G2000C7GTF) review ! For full results click here. Preview summary below:
- Anandtech.com has posted an in depth article to find out whether there is value in using memory faster than DDR3-1333Mhz on Core i7 /X58 platform. Read the full details here.
- Samsung has anounced the first validated 40-nanometer class DRAM chip and module. This new 1-Gigabit DDR2 component (x8) and
- Toshiba Corporation today announced the prototype of a new FeRAM —Ferroelectric Random Access Memory—that redefines industry benchmarks for density and operating speed.
- New 50nm DDR3 from Samsung and Elpida are entering mass production this month. The chips will feature higher densities and speeds while lowering latencies, power consumption, and costs.
- OCZ has put online an official motherboard qualification vendors list database for their OCZ memory on their site
- Memtest86+ v2.11 has been released http://www.memtest.org/
- Tony from OCZ has posted on OCZ forums of a new Reaper heatspreader revision with some cosmetic changes and heatpipe improvements.