- It’s been confirmed that Toshiba will purchase substantially all of OCZ Technology’s SSD business assets under bankruptcy sales. TOKYO–(BUSINESS WIRE)– Toshiba Corporation (TOKYO:6502) today announced that it has entered into an agreement at December 2 with OCZ Technology Group, Inc. to acquire substantially all the assets of OCZ Technology’s SSD business. The transaction will be […]
- Recently purchased 2x 256GB Samsung 830 Series SSDs (MZ-7PC256N/AM) for installation on a dual LGA2011 socket based Asus Z9PE-D8 WS workstation motherboard which uses the Intel C602 Chipset. Both Samsung 830 SSDs had older CXM01B1Q firmware on them. So tried using Samsung Magician software in Windows 7 Ultimate to update to CXM03B1Q firmware but the […]
- Kingston has announced a new firmware update for their Kingston SSDNow V100 SSD drive. This SSD firmware update is to fix a technical issue with their Kingston SSDNow V100 solid state drive where a small percentage of SSDs have been show to hang at BIOS and fail to boot. We have learned that a small […]
- According to Storagereview.com, OCZ has updated their policy in dealing with their transition from OCZ Vertex 32nm and 34nm NAND to 25nm NAND parts. OCZ will now be waiving their upgrade fee and paying for shipping both ways for customers wanting to replace their OCZ Vertex 25nm 64Gbit NAND parts with the OCZ Vertex 25nm […]
- Corsair blog has posted a Q&A outlining their SSD transition plans from 34nm NAND to 25nm NAND solid state disks (SSDs). Corsair’s 25nm NAND offerings will be differentiated with “-A” in their part numbers. Full details including benchmark results comparing their Corsair F120 34nm vs F115-A 25nm vs F80-A 25nm SSDs here.
- Crucial posted on their support forums an update regarding their Crucial RealSSD C300 G0002 firmware update bricking some folks SSDs due to motherboard and firmware update tool compatibility issues. Crucial pulled the G0002 firmware update from their site and will have a new update tool sometime next week for RealSSD C300 users. On Wednesday, May […]
- Looks like Crucial RealSSD C300 firmware fix for these issues that Anandtech outlined (slow SSD powerup due to errors in firmware tables & slow writes on last 60GB part of SSD), will be released in mid-April early May according to more recent update by Crucial. Straight from Crucial’s forums: We wanted to provide an update […]
- Super Talent has announced their latest 2.5″ solid state disks, Super Talent UltraDrive ME (MLC) and UltraDrive LE (SLC) SSDs
- OCZ has announced their new Vertex series SSD with a new Vertex controller (replacing the Micron controller) and 32M-64M on board cache.
- Fellow Teamau.net and i4memory.com forum member, Tim Marshall (T_M) was invited to Intel’s Core i7 Singapore launch party
- Asus has officially listed their X58 product offerings on their web site now ! But wonder where the P6T6 WS Revolution board is ? Link to product pages
- Time for a OCZ Core series SSD follow up but this time I’ll pair 4x 32GB OCZ Core series SSD 2.5″ solid state disks with a hardware raid controller, Highpoint RocketRaid 3520LF PCI-E raid controller
- Purchased 4x 32GB OCZ SSD Core series 2.5″ drives from Pcmaniacs.com.au. Lets see how they perform on Windows XP SP2/SP3, Vista Ultimate 32bit & 64bit operating systems. Read more.
Page 1 of 11