You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!
DFI UT X48 T2R - C1 Error - i4memory.com - different look at memory
Tags Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 18-09-2008, 11:15 PM   #1
sunjovasie
sunjovasie's PC Specs

DFI UT X48 T2R - C1 Error

Hey lads, I've come across somewhat of an issue, however the origination of it begins with my old motherboard. Allow me to retell the tale.

My PC consists of the following:
C2D E6600
2x1gb OCZ Reaper 8500 (5-5-5-15)
640mb Palit 8800GTS
Tagan Silent II Force 650w

and Various Western Digital Drives

In the past, I have owned 2 Asus Motherboards, an Asus P5W DH Deluxe, and a Blitz Formula.

Over the last 3 or so months, the above motherboards have managed to "die".

The P5W DH Deluxe giving me a corrupt bios error from which it wouldn't recover even when inserting the motherboard CD with the bios necessary to recover it, and so I placed all of my parts in the Blitz Formula which I had purchased earlier in the year (and thought it had already died, but it just turned out to be a dead G.Skill stick). I placed all of my hardware in the Blitz Formula, and all was very well and good, installed Windows, booted into it, la-di-da. After a few hours of use, just browsing, chatting etc, I get a BSOD, and I get the same response from the Blitz to that of what I got from the P5W. Anyways, I concluded that the death of these motherboards in the case of the P5W was overuse of it and whoring it out somewhat In terms of overclocking and the Blitz I assumed "died" the second time around because it was partially damaged to begin with (I'm actually unsure).

Nevertheless, I went out and ordered myself a DFI UT X48 T2R for future expandability I suppose, whilst keeping in the DDR2 Spectrum. I installed everything fine, including windows, booted into it and about an hour at most after running it, BSOD and it refuses to boot even to the bios. The LCD Poster on the motherboard is displaying "C1" Which I am aware is associated with the memory modules/controller, and then shortly after "25" which is to do with the video card (which is just because it's not initialising I imagine). I have read around and got mixed reports of various people trying different (slower and faster RAM) in an attempt to boot into the bios, revert to default settings and start over. I have tried just this and still no luck. As such, I believe I have to RMA the board (purchased from PC Case Gear) because it's beyond repair. However, the real question I have to ask I suppose (unless someone is able to help me resolve this issue assuming my diagnosis is incorrect) is what of my components is likely to be causing the death of these motherboards, it does seem somewhat peculiar for two decent motherboards to just die in similar circumstances. Is it my RAM, my somewhat "thrashed" CPU?

I'm lost, I've unplugged every component apart from the bare essentials from the motherboard also and the error is still displayed.....

Help me PLEASE!!!

Any feedback / advice would be great.

I'm open to suggestions for new hardware to purchase as well if someone could put a finger on the issue.

Thankyou, Daniel
sunjovasie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2008, 11:20 PM   #2
eva2000
Administrator
eva2000's PC Specs

twitter.com/i4memorycom Facebook Page livestream.com/i4memorycom
maybe try a different power supply ?

Corsair HX620 runs will on DFI boards

edit: just noticed tomorrow will be your 2yr anniversary date since you joined i4memory.com
eva2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2008, 11:29 PM   #3
sunjovasie
sunjovasie's PC Specs

By eva2000 View Post
maybe try a different power supply ?

Corsair HX620 runs will on DFI boards

edit: just noticed tomorrow will be your 2yr anniversary date since you joined i4memory.com
You're quite right!

I'll RMA the board and order in a new Power Supply while I'm at it, Perhaps some new ram too?

What would you recommend in terms of the RAM that DFI claims is compatible with the board? It's beginning to look like a very expensive replacement of the motherboard, I can see myself buying a new 45nm chip..........

2 Years of so much browsing it's not funny :P
sunjovasie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2008, 12:17 AM   #4
eva2000
Administrator
eva2000's PC Specs

twitter.com/i4memorycom Facebook Page livestream.com/i4memorycom
for 2x1GB any memory will do well on DFI boards just you need to be able to tune them in bios to work

try memory in other dimm slots too as most more boards these have a favoured memory channel for memory

If you had to get new memory maybe take a look at gskill 2x1gb pc2-8500 2gbpk

http://i4memory.com/f67/gskill-f2-85...t-report-5678/
http://i4memory.com/f67/2gb-g-skill-...-x38-t2r-5426/
eva2000 is offline   Reply With Quote