You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!
kayls -100c cascade - Page 7 - i4memory.com - different look at memory
Tags Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-10-2005, 03:18 PM   #49
T_M
T_M's PC Specs

perhaps kayl can measure the board temp a small distance from CPU mount after a fair time of -100C load?
T_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 04:37 PM   #50
kayl
kayl's PC Specs

Yes the artic silver ceramique is quiet good stuff sli dog, I only recently got some, was using AR5 for a year or so.
If I lived in the US the going price for a -100c cascade at these temps is between 1200-2000US.
So far I havnt lost any hardware to condensation yet. I have lost hardware due to bad contact (mainly gpu’s (2)).
The amount of time I have crashed cpus (due to bad contact other getto mounting ) takes an auwful a lot to kill them, in the old days no smarts to shut down pc’s, these days can start without a cpu and not kill the cpu.
Generally if there is moisture on electronics things arnt stable and get crashing. Even at stock overclock, when this happens I switch off and investigate.
Condensation on cpu generally just accelerates electrolicis and ya get rusty pins.
Pc ice used not dielectric grease, conformal coating or nail polish and benches -100c fine. He changes gear every 4 months but doesn’t have any issue either.

I only dream of overclocking decent hardware sli dog. Ill get some later this year I hope.
Try and crack 3ghz. Have you got a ASetek and fx57 sli dog.??

By T_M
perhaps kayl can measure the board temp a small distance from CPU mount after a fair time of -100C load?
ill measure it tonight for ya, Friday night is my main night experimenting in the shed.
kayl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 02:56 AM   #51
kayl
kayl's PC Specs

T_M just next to the cpu socket was -3c at -100c.

sli dog i think this will work much better than the Asetek evap.
next one we might try smaller channels for increased surface area.
all those channels should draw the heat out well through centre,
and the slim side channels hold the liquid refigerant better until boiled off.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg evap.jpg (30.6 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg cpu block.jpg (69.6 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg brazing.jpg (36.3 KB, 16 views)
Old 09-10-2005, 03:06 AM   #52
T_M
T_M's PC Specs

nice bunsen burner
Old 10-10-2005, 12:02 AM   #53
kayl
kayl's PC Specs

thaxs t_M .
ppl dont try this at home. hehehe
Old 10-10-2005, 12:48 AM   #54
SLi_dog
SLi_dog's PC Specs

By kayl
Have you got a Asetek and fx57 sli dog.??
Yeah.

I don't doubt it will work better than an Asetek setup but honestly that condensation scares the **** out of me . Also, if the users guide involved using electrical tape and nail polish on the mobo, that would make me hesitant to buy it.

How's the sound level?

What kind of price are you thinking of charging?

Last edited by SLi_dog; 10-10-2005 at 12:52 AM.
SLi_dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 02:30 AM   #55
T_M
T_M's PC Specs

but SLi dog, the only people buying and using a cascade are going to be using things like that to protect against condensation - not the average punter runing a shop bought all in package for -20C
Old 12-10-2005, 05:29 PM   #56
kayl
kayl's PC Specs

By SLi_dog
Yeah.

I don't doubt it will work better than an Asetek setup but honestly that condensation scares the **** out of me . Also, if the users guide involved using electrical tape and nail polish on the mobo, that would make me hesitant to buy it.

How's the sound level?

What kind of price are you thinking of charging?
What T_M said is correct.
You may be getting confused here also. There are only a few ppl in the world that have made cascade cooling systems for computers. Currently there is no commercial business that has them for sale, too damb big and expensive.
A cascade has 2 stages of cooling. First stage cools secondstage to -40c to -50c, then that secondstage cools the cpu to -100c.

This particular cascade is loud because of the compressors used.
I have build much quieter cascades using small fridge compressors instead of airconditioner compressors but loaded temps of -86c or so.
Price around 1200 would say, but postage would be 200 or so.
Check this link out its got a heap of other ppls cascades in there quiet a gallery.
My current cascade is a long way off completion, im collecting addition parts to make it work better. And when new evaps finally all tested and me $$ up again will make a box for the cascade and it will be 100% complete. That will be a while though.

http://www.teampuss.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=62

a normal single stage system similar to what Asetek make would be like this
http://www.teampuss.com/forums/viewt...?t=706&start=0
its as loud as a 120mm fan, barley hear the compressor.

currently I have only evap sold one sytem to somenone in perth.
http://www.teampuss.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=685

most of my projects look very getto and nasty. But that because I am always pulling them apart and reconstructing them for better performance. Also learning how refrigeration works etc.

yes I can understand if the users guide involved using electrical tape and nail polish on the mobo, that would make me hesitant to buy it also.

For a normal single stage system condensation is no where as much an issue.
With the new copper block and mounting/ insulation kits im working on hope to improve greatly on the user installation.

One day I hope to sell single stages to ppl. Have been getting quotes for aluminium case etc to make nice little coolers. But im finding that its a lot of work to organise/source all parts and get them done cheap is also very hard. But ill get there one day.