You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!
What it takes to break 27 sec SuperPI 1M with TCCD - Page 3 - i4memory.com - different look at memory
Tags Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 30-06-2005, 11:21 PM   #17
Clevor
Clevor's PC Specs

Here's the SuperPI 1M screenie:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 268x11withTCCD_1Mb.jpg (96.6 KB, 12 views)
Clevor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2005, 11:37 PM   #18
Clevor
Clevor's PC Specs

Take the MBM CPU temps for what it's worth, but here's the temps I get running Sandra Burnin. You will notice at idle I get 26-27 C. Room temps over here now are 24.5 C. Again, I am running a slightly modded Corsair HC200.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 268x11withTCCD_Burnin.jpg (51.7 KB, 8 views)
Old 30-06-2005, 11:53 PM   #19
eva2000
Administrator
eva2000's PC Specs

twitter.com/i4memorycom Facebook Page livestream.com/i4memorycom
awesome mate, finally some screenies j/k

Corsair Hydrocool 200 is excellent, I picked up a 2nd one Hydrocool EX200 with the fan grills for a dirt cheap end of financial year clearance sale (came with 2 bottles of Hydrocool coolant) for a fraction of the retail price - glad i got 2 adaptors now Find any LGA775 adaptors for Hydrocool ?
eva2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 09:20 AM   #20
Clevor
Clevor's PC Specs

By eva2000
awesome mate, finally some screenies j/k

Corsair Hydrocool 200 is excellent, I picked up a 2nd one Hydrocool EX200 with the fan grills for a dirt cheap end of financial year clearance sale (came with 2 bottles of Hydrocool coolant) for a fraction of the retail price - glad i got 2 adaptors now Find any LGA775 adaptors for Hydrocool ?
I've been researching all the watercooling kits on the market, to use on my internet rig. There is no doubt in my mind the HC200 was ahead of it's time. It had so many bells-and-whistles for $200. The kits on the market now are similarly priced but can't come close to the features and quality. To use a German-made Bosch automotive pump which is designed to run 85% of the time on diesels - what overkill!

Bottom line is Corsair could not make money on the units, and sales were slow. I had the presence of mind to pick up a brand-new EX kit from Newegg as spare. I am always looking to buy HC200 units off users (posted on OCforums but no luck). Unlike you, I have not been able to find ANY leftover kits in the U.S. They are all gone. I would pay retail for one.

I've stockpiled about 4-5 extra blocks and PCI adapters to outfit extra computers .

As for the LGA775, companies like Coolermaster have an LGA775 to S478 adapter on the market , so you can use the regular P4 mounting kit on that. One kit uses a copper spacer, which is damn great for using DTRs, as the spacer makes up for the height of the heat spreader, so the HC200 bracket (or whatever sink you use) has the proper loading tension if you use the spacer. Otherwise I've had to tape strips of aluminum tape on the bracket to make up for the height, so the spring has the proper tension.

The only problem with the adapters is they are two piece and bolt to the board, and don't seem that sturdy. I would prefer a one-piece adapter like the one you got from me. I've not tried them yet but they should work fine if you don't have to change CPUs out all the time.
Old 01-07-2005, 10:35 AM   #21
tooraktom
tooraktom's PC Specs

By Clevor
I am always looking to buy HC200 units off users (posted on OCforums but no luck). Unlike you, I have not been able to find ANY leftover kits in the U.S. They are all gone. I would pay retail for one.
http://forums.overclockers.com.au/sh...d.php?t=386862
you might find that interesting.
tooraktom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 11:16 AM   #22
Clevor
Clevor's PC Specs

By tooraktom
I am really really surprised I got on that page. OCAU has been blocked at work for ages. They must have changed their forum address.

AUS though. Will cost a fortune to ship to Japan or U.S. Oh well.

I have five rigs. What I'm doing is install a cooling block and interface adapter in each case (yeah, gets expensive). So I can swap the external water cooling unit from rig to rig just by unhooking the quick disconnects. Takes 1'. So I can cool all five rigs with the same unit (actually only have two set up with blocks right now).

Do I believe 38C load at 1.65 VCORE with my SD??? I dunno, SmartGuardian says the same thing.

Eva knows, I got no complaints on my overclocks. I have four Pressies from 3.0E to 3.4C. Each one does 4 gig on the HC200, at not more than 1.42 VCORE .
Old 01-07-2005, 05:00 PM   #23
dinos22
dinos22's PC Specs

do these HC200 units come standard with S939 adapter like that one sold at OCAU....also that chunk of metal (BASE) in review looks aweful....do you use a better copper base one or not?

what's the difference between Corsair HydroCool 200 and 200EX?...the one at OCAU is HC200 from what i can see

By Clevor
I am really really surprised I got on that page. OCAU has been blocked at work for ages. They must have changed their forum address.

AUS though. Will cost a fortune to ship to Japan or U.S. Oh well.

I have five rigs. What I'm doing is install a cooling block and interface adapter in each case (yeah, gets expensive). So I can swap the external water cooling unit from rig to rig just by unhooking the quick disconnects. Takes 1'. So I can cool all five rigs with the same unit (actually only have two set up with blocks right now).

Do I believe 38C load at 1.65 VCORE with my SD??? I dunno, SmartGuardian says the same thing.

Eva knows, I got no complaints on my overclocks. I have four Pressies from 3.0E to 3.4C. Each one does 4 gig on the HC200, at not more than 1.42 VCORE .

Last edited by dinos22; 01-07-2005 at 05:21 PM.
dinos22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 05:25 PM   #24
Clevor
Clevor's PC Specs

By dinos22
do these HC200 units come standard with S939 adapter....also that chunk of metal (BASE) in review looks aweful....do you use a better copper base one or not?
No it does not come with the adapter, go buy the spare one Eva has .

Seriously, the customer service on these HC200s are absolutely wretched; particularly that guy Coolguy on the Corsair forums. A64 adapters hardly made it to the market. I had to send Eva some S939-to-S478 adapters they sell in Japan. Then you use the P4 bracket to affix your S939s.

As for the cooling block, looks are deceiving. The small block performs exceptionally well due to a micro-channel construction. In fact, the blocks were switched to an easier-to-manufacture 144-pin design you see on the current Swiftech blocks. Too much of a hassle to make.

HC200 are for cultists like Eva and I. You have to jump through too many hoops, frankly. Mainly I needed a watercooling setup where I can switch rigs a lot.