You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!
[Techpowerup.com] Technology Analyst: Get Over Vista Hate - i4memory.com - different look at memory
Tags Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 26-05-2008, 12:43 PM   #1
News
News Hound
News's PC Specs

[Techpowerup.com] Technology Analyst: Get Over Vista Hate

A reporter and technology analyst for the Washington Post recently took a rather strong point of view regarding Windows Vista and XP. He accepts that Vista has it's flaws, such as "steep hardware requirements, its strict anti-piracy measures, its sometimes-intrusive security measures, its incompatibility with some older products." However, he points out that the current market behavior, which is something along the lines of "don't upgrade until Vista gets better, and beg to keep XP on shelves" is not doing Vista or Microsoft any good. He points out that XP is not a historic monument in need of preservation, and is more like an old car: it's had a good run, but in view of some XP flaws when compared to Vista strongpoints, it's time to move on. The analyst also pointed out that fundamental supply/demand economics is keeping Vista from rising to greatness. As long as the market holds on to XP, and refuses to move on to Vista, software makers will not see a very good reason to adopt or support Vista, which causes most of the problems Vista has today. You can read more details at the source link.

Source: Daily Tech

More...
News is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2008, 01:02 PM   #2
eva2000
Administrator
eva2000's PC Specs

twitter.com/i4memorycom Facebook Page livestream.com/i4memorycom
Re: [Techpowerup.com] Technology Analyst: Get Over Vista Hate

hehe.. after playing with Vista Ultimate 64bit for my 2x2GB DDR2 testing lately, I'm growing to like Vista somewhat - but XP still has a strong place in my heart.

I think that reporter should write an article, telling software makers to get off their butt to provide greater support for Vista, to give us XP lovers a reason to move on
eva2000 is offline   Reply With Quote