You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!
Trading forum ??? - Page 6 - i4memory.com - different look at memory
Tags Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 26-05-2005, 11:02 PM   #41
ArcTan
ArcTan's PC Specs

By ArTy
Not for long
lol
ArcTan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2005, 12:05 AM   #42
jlccarv
jlccarv's PC Specs

Too bad the forum is not in English... lol
jlccarv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2005, 01:58 AM   #43
Sillen
Sillen's PC Specs

that's the challange The going rate for Swedish to English translation is at least $0.20 per word.....
Sillen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2005, 10:25 AM   #44
the _rick
the _rick's PC Specs

i think the trading forum would be great.

but as others have already said,
-i think it should be kept to within australia, saves problems with currency conversions, costly postage etc.
-it should remain focussed on computer hardware only (gear relivant to i4memory only)
-users should be restricted by posts and membership time before access is possible, i think this is the downfall of the OCAU system, too many 0 post counts in the trading forum.
-some kind of user rating system would be good in concept, but after having being burned (a bunch of us) by an Ebay user with a 200+ rating, i am questioning of the validity of this method. (yeah, i know Ebay....)

that's about all i have at the moment.

although, i'll probably never get access to it, my post count is yet to get off the mark.
the _rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2005, 11:51 AM   #45
dinos22
dinos22's PC Specs

also penalties for guys that bid instant and pull out.........it's crazy at OCAU......i had two guys go instant and backup instant yesterday.....the first guy's is saying i am not sure this and that.....so i contact the second guy and he doesn't want it.....this is all that same day......i donno...if you're going to committ to something you have to honour it otherwise what's the point....

By the _rick
i think the trading forum would be great.

but as others have already said,
-i think it should be kept to within australia, saves problems with currency conversions, costly postage etc.
-it should remain focussed on computer hardware only (gear relivant to i4memory only)
-users should be restricted by posts and membership time before access is possible, i think this is the downfall of the OCAU system, too many 0 post counts in the trading forum.
-some kind of user rating system would be good in concept, but after having being burned (a bunch of us) by an Ebay user with a 200+ rating, i am questioning of the validity of this method. (yeah, i know Ebay....)

that's about all i have at the moment.

although, i'll probably never get access to it, my post count is yet to get off the mark.
dinos22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2005, 11:56 AM   #46
the _rick
the _rick's PC Specs

By dinos22
also penalties for guys that bid instant and pull out...
I also agree with that. I'm not one for sales taking a long time, as some of you may have noticed, i'd rather sell quick at a good price than let the sale hang around for ages.

Several times on OCAU i have had buyers bid instant, closing the sale to only pull out, i mean genuine reasons are fine, but simply changing your mind is just plain annoying.
the _rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2005, 12:09 PM   #47
dinos22
dinos22's PC Specs

my point exactly

By the _rick
i mean genuine reasons are fine, but simply changing your mind is just plain annoying.
dinos22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2005, 12:53 PM   #48
T_M
T_M's PC Specs

I think that having studied the OCAU trading forums for a while now, there are a few lessons learnt...

Heres some:
1. Forget the sorting by thread start date, last post date is what most people still use
2. Employ a bumping rule. If you need people to help enforce it, then I and im sure a couple others round here will be happy to help.
3. No PM bidding
4. Conditional bids are fine, just dont expect it to beat someone else with an unconditional
5. DOA must be offered, and is part of the rules of trading
6. Harsh penalties for people doing a "HappyHero"

etc.
T_M is offline   Reply With Quote