You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!
[news] OCZ Reaper X - new memory heatsink cooling - i4memory.com - different look at memory
Tags Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-11-2007, 01:15 PM   #1
eva2000
Administrator
eva2000's PC Specs

twitter.com/i4memorycom Facebook Page livestream.com/i4memorycom
Cool [news] OCZ Reaper X - new memory heatsink cooling

Interesting... I like the design http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/memory/...g_Systems.html

OCZ Technology, a leading manufacturer of high-performance memory modules and other components for computer enthusiasts, on Tuesday unveiled its new memory modules that feature the companys new Reaper cooling systems. The new coolers will help the supplier of memory modules to offer higher-performance products eventually as with better heat dissipation memory overclocking becomes easier.

The new OCZ ReaperX HPC (heat-pipe conduit) cooling system for memory modules can offload heat using high-performance copper heat-pipes directly from memory chips and transfer it to the aluminum fin array, which quickly dissipates heat. Even though the design is quite logical, it has never been used previously. Earlier heat-pipes of Reaper memory modules were installed in a way to transfer heat from heat-spreaders, not from memory chips.

The innovative ReaperX HPC cooling mechanisms for memory modules will eventually help OCZ to offer higher-performance products due to better thermals and increased stability in overclocked mode.

eva2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 01:43 PM   #2
youngpro
youngpro's PC Specs

twitter.com/teamau
Re: [news] OCZ Reaper X - new memory heatsink cooling

that looks like the first GOOD memory cooling idea,

seems the xtc design is gone haha =p
youngpro is offline   Reply With Quote