You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!
eva2000's nLite Custom Addon Package + RyanVM updates + Xpized Lite + Luna Royale - i4memory.com - different look at memory
Tags Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 21-09-2007, 01:33 AM   #1
eva2000
Administrator
eva2000's PC Specs

twitter.com/i4memorycom Facebook Page livestream.com/i4memorycom
eva2000's nLite Custom Addon Package + RyanVM updates + Xpized Lite + Luna Royale

eva2000's nLite Custom Addon Package
+ RyanVM Post SP2 updates
+ Xpized Lite
+ Luna Royale Themes

Note: December 4, 2008 - Latest XP Post-SP3 Update Build - no custom addon package/xpized/luna royale included

Note: August 27, 2008 - RyanVM Post-SP3 update pack for SP3 users was released.

I've compile a nice eva2000 nlite pack for you folks to download to make your own custom bench OS windows cd-rom

Size of Windows C drive after bench OS installed

Luna Royale Blue & Black themes

Information:

No Windows XP included, you'll have to supply you own WinXP Pro SP2 base files from your own cd-rom. But the pack I'm uploading <70MB in size consists of the nlite addon files, the luna royal theme and the nlite preset ini files which contain the settings/component removal and service/os tweaks I used.

Will take a while to upload @32KB/s on 8000k/384k ADSL

eva2000's nLite Addon Pack download:

Here is 2 files to download at http://i4memory.com/nlitepack/ - the actual nLite pack + irfranview plugins which aren't included in the addon pack. Don't use nLite addon selection for ifranview plugins. Just include the plugin app in Step 13 below on the cd-rom so you can install it after windows is installed.

Integrating Intel Matrix Raid / AHCI drivers
Read http://www.msfn.org/board/Integratio...e-t107504.html

Last edited by eva2000; 04-12-2008 at 04:29 AM.
Old 21-09-2007, 01:33 AM   #2
eva2000
Administrator
eva2000's PC Specs

Re: eva2000's nLite Custom Addon Package + RyanVM updates + Xpized Lite + Luna Royale

How to use this nLite Addon Pack:
This guide assumes that you already have some basic usage experience with nLite v1.4 beta.

[Click thumbnail for larger image - use keyboard arrow keys to cycle back and forth]

Step 1: Start nLite v1.4 beta

Step 2: Point nLite to your Windows XP Pro SP2 cd-rom files which you would of copied to your hard drive

Step 3: Load the pack's included preset ini files (if you choose to overwrite previous nLite session ini file should be fine - but if you don't overwrite them, you will need to hit preset key and load the corresponding preset file as you will see further below at certain steps)

Actually, if you choose overwrite probably be easier to have the settings preloaded.

Step 4: Need to select all options from below except Service Pack integration as we should already be working from WinXP Pro SP2 base.

Step 5: Select your addons you want to include by hitting INSERT button. Don't use nLite addon selection for ifranview plugins. Just include the plugin app in Step 13 below on the cd-rom so you can install it after windows is installed.

Step 6: Add your own drivers you want. Mine are some examples.

Step 7: Component Removal Compatibility - only need to check 2 boxes below

Step 8: If you chose not to overwrite previous session presets in Step 3, you will need to manually load the preset file for this step. It should look something like below check boxes once loaded.

Step 9: Unattended setup defaults look like this and you will need to again manually load presets via preset button

Check they're correct for your install i..e. insert your own windows key and default theme Luna Royale is selected

Step 10: Load your option presets from addon pack's included preset files.

Step 11: Load your tweak presets from addon pack's included preset files.

Check to see they look something like below

Step 12: Start process and wait to it completes

Step 13: Finished process would look like this. File size will vary depending what else you included drivers etc ?

Important: At this stage if you want to add additional files, apps to your resulting windows nLite created install cd-rom, you must do it at this stage. Add apps to the Windows XP Pro SP2 source folder you pointed to in Step 2.

Step 14: Hit next button to create ISO image stage -> select Create Image -> make ISO. It will prompt you to save ISO file to your drive.

ISO when successfully created

Step 15: Select Burn Image from drop down menu. Ensure you have blank CD-RW disk in dvd burner ready. Hit Burn button and select ISO you created.

Step 16: Burn complete and ready to use cd-rom

[Click thumbnail for larger image - use keyboard arrow keys to cycle back and forth]

Last edited by eva2000; 19-05-2008 at 08:19 PM.
Old 21-09-2007, 02:31 AM   #3
eva2000
Administrator
eva2000's PC Specs

Re: eva2000's nLite Custom Addon Package + RyanVM updates + Xpized Lite + Luna Royale

If you have questions or comments, they can be posted in discussion thread here http://i4memory.com/showthread.php?t=4737

Some further notes:

1. nLite needs .Net Framework installed to run properly
2. This guide needs WinXP Pro SP2 as the working base to start from.

So for WinXP Pro SP1 users:
  1. Start a new session with fresh WinXP Pro SP1 base copied to a new folder on hard drive.
  2. Download WinXP Pro SP2 update from microsoft.com.
  3. Start nLite v1.4 beta and point to the WinXP Pro SP1 base copied to a new folder as source
  4. At Task Selection stage in Step 4, select only Service Pack (and maybe bootable ISO if you want a base SP2 cd-rom for future purposes) and nothing else
  5. On next page you will be prompted to point to the service pack location - that is the WinXP Pro SP2 download location on your hard drive. Once pointed to it will begin the integration of SP2 into your SP1 base cd-rom.
  6. Once completed, go to create a bootable ISO and burn to CD-RW if you want a base SP2 cd-rom created. Skip this step if you just want to get on with the custom addon package guide.
  7. Next, finish and close the nLite session.
  8. Now your base source files are for WinXP Pro SP2. You can winzip or copy this source elsewhere to keep in a same place so for future nLite sessions you can make a copy of this SP2 source to work as base files for future nLite sessions so you don't need to redo SP2 slipstreaming.
  9. Now start on the addon guide http://i4memory.com/showthread.php?t=4736 pointing to this SP2 source base

Last edited by eva2000; 22-09-2007 at 02:58 PM.
Old 19-05-2008, 08:24 PM   #4
eva2000
Administrator
eva2000's PC Specs

Update: May 19, 2008
- Updated images in above guide to using custom IMGFS tags
Old 20-07-2008, 03:26 AM   #5
eva2000
Administrator
eva2000's PC Specs

Updated: July 20, 2008
- Added to first post link to how to integrate intel matrix raid/achi drivers http://www.msfn.org/board/Integratio...e-t107504.html

My latest nLite 1.4.7 build using WinXP Pro SP3 cd minus XPized since it isn't compatible with SP3 + RyanVM latest post SP3 update pack.

Addon/updates

Integrated drivers for raid controllers and INF

Final size

Old 01-09-2008, 01:43 PM   #6
eva2000
Administrator
eva2000's PC Specs

Note: August 27, 2008 - RyanVM Post-SP3 update pack for SP3 users was released.
Old 04-12-2008, 03:46 AM   #7
eva2000
Administrator
eva2000's PC Specs

Latest WinXP Pro Post-SP3 Update nLite build using Red's RyanVM Post-SP3 update pack alternative http://i4memory.com/100832-post3.html

nLite 1.4.9.1 Preset file used can can downloaded here.

Note: I also applied latest Mass Storage Driver driverpack to final nLite build. Which increased final ISO size drom 290MB to 303MB.
Closed Thread