You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!
Asus Blitz Formula Bios Template - i4memory.com - different look at memory
Tags Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 19-07-2007, 07:42 PM   #1
eva2000
Administrator
eva2000's PC Specs

twitter.com/i4memorycom Facebook Page livestream.com/i4memorycom
Smile Asus Blitz Formula Bios Template

Asus Blitz Formula SE - 0903 Bios Template:

Extreme Tweaker
AI Overlocking: Manual
CPU Ratio Control: Manual
--- Ratio CMOS Setting: 8
FSB Strap to North Bridge: AUTO
FSB Frequency: 333
PCIE Frequency: 100
DRAM Frequency: DDR2-667
DRAM Command Rate: 2T
DRAM Timing Control: Manual
---CAS# Latency: 4
---RAS# to CAS# Delay: 4
---RAS# Precharge: 4
---RAS# Active Time: 12
---RAS# to RAS# Delay: 10
---Row Refesh Cycle Time: 42
---Write Recovery Time: 10
---Write to Read Delay: 10
---Read to Precharge Time: 10
DRAM Static Read Control: AUTO

Tramsaction Booster: AUTO/Enabled/Disabled
--- Boost Level:

CPU Spread Spectrum: Disabled
PCIE Spread Spectrum: Disabled

CPU Voltage: AUTO
CPU Voltage Reference: AUTO
Loadline Calibratiom: AUTO or Enabled
FSB Termination Voltage: AUTO
North Bridge Voltage: AUTO
North Bridge Reference: AUTO
DRAM Voltage: 2.10v
-DDRII Channel A Ref Voltage: AUTO
-DDRII Channel B Ref Voltage: AUTO
-DDRII Controller Ref Voltage: AUTO
South Bridge Voltage: AUTO
PLL Voltage: AUTO
NB LED Selection: NB Volt
SB LED Selection: PLL Volt
Frequency LED: Turn off
Voltiminder LED: Turn off

-- Ratio CMOS Setting:
C1E Support: Disabled
Max CPUID Value Limit: Disabled
Vanderpool Technology: Disabled
CPU TM Function: Disabled
Execute Disable Bit: Disabled
PECI: Disabled

USB Configuration
USB Functions: Enabled
Legacy USB Support: Disabled (need to enable it to detect USB flash drives)
Old 22-11-2007, 09:09 PM   #2
eva2000
Administrator
eva2000's PC Specs

Re: Asus Blitz Formula Bios Template

Version of bios template with a bit more explanation as to bios settings and what they do.

If you have any questions, DO NOT private message me but start a new thread in the Asus Intel Board/cpu forums

Asus Blitz Formula SE - Bios Template with explanations:

Extreme Tweaker
--- Ratio CMOS Setting: 8
FSB Strap to North Bridge: AUTO (FSB strap, recommended to leave AUTO to access all memory dividers)
DRAM Frequency: DDR2-667 (memory dividers)
---RAS# to RAS# Delay: 10 (tightest you can go with memory can handle it is around 2-3 but you may require more vdimm memory and/or NB volts)
---Row Refesh Cycle Time: 42 (tightest you can go with memory can handle it is around 25-30 but you may require more vdimm memory and/or NB volts - 35 is a safe compromise from 42. Some memory at very high clocks just can't handle value of 25 regardless of NB volts/memory voltage)
---Write Recovery Time: 10 (tightest you can go with memory can handle it is around 3-4 but you may require more vdimm memory and/or NB volts - loosening the values (raising value) - will allow more memory stability or higher memory clock at expense of memory bandwidth performance)
---Write to Read Delay: 10 (tightest you can go with memory can handle it is around 3-4 but you may require more vdimm memory and/or NB volts - loosening the values (raising value) - will allow more memory stability or higher memory clock at expense of memory bandwidth performance)
---Read to Precharge Time: 10 (tightest you can go with memory can handle it is around 2-3 but you may require ALOT more vdimm memory and/or NB volts - usual value of 8 to 10 will give nice boost at decent voltages)
DRAM Static Read Control: AUTO (Related to what you see in Memset's Performance Level. Related to tRD value, when enabled it tightens the Performance level (tRD) boosting memory bandwidth/system performance. However, it's predefined AUTO vs Enabled value depends on your memory's cpu:mem divider used i.e. at 2:3 divider vs 1:1 divider, AUTO or Enabled set value for performance level may differ. Use trial and error to find you stable mark. i.e. boot into windows with AUTO set and look at when Memset shows for Performance level. Then reboot into bios set Enabled - test with Memtest86 v1.70 in DOS to make sure no errors and then and boot into windows to see what Memset shows for Performance level - it should be tighter (lower value). If memory can't handle tighter value then you may get system freezes in windows or BSOD or inability to boot system. So you can try raising any combination of these voltages - vdimm memory voltage, NB volts and if high FSB is in play also vFSB, SB Volts to see if they help)

NOTE: Static Read Control and Transaction Booster can not both be Enabled at the same time especially at <500FSB on cpu. Some bios have a strap change at >500FSB which means tRD (performance level is loosened by default at >500FSB) which may allow both options to be enabled or allow either one of the options to be enabled where you might not have been able to enable it at <500FSB).

Transaction Booster: AUTO/Enabled/Disabled (related to Static Read control in that it effects Performance level/tRD displayed in Memset as well - when enabled you have levels to choose higher the level the tighter the tRD (performance level) is and more performance. You have more control of the performance level with this setting that Static Read control. Disabled values loosen the tRD (performance level from defined default AUTO value can be used for stability or higher memory clocks)
--- Boost Level:

CPU Spread Spectrum: Disabled (leave Disabled when oc'ing)
PCIE Spread Spectrum: Disabled (leave Disabled when oc'ing)

CPU Voltage Reference: AUTO (can leave AUTO only needed to tweak some more FSB out of a cpu i.e. quad core)
Loadline Calibration: AUTO or Enabled (reduce vcore droop under cpu load)
FSB Termination Voltage: AUTO (related to cpu FSB - each cpu will respond differently to this voltage so trial and error testing. I'd keep it <1.4v for 24/7)
North Bridge Voltage: AUTO (higher NB volts allows tightening and higher memory clocks as well as higher max cpu FSB and tighter subtiming handling)
North Bridge Reference: AUTO (can leave AUTO only needed to tweak some more FSB out of a cpu i.e. quad core)

-DDRII Channel A Ref Voltage: AUTO (fine tuning memory clock stability - leaving AUTO should work for most folks)
-DDRII Channel B Ref Voltage: AUTO (fine tuning memory clock stability - leaving AUTO should work for most folks)
-DDRII Controller Ref Voltage: AUTO (fine tuning memory clock stability - leaving AUTO should work for most folks)
South Bridge Voltage: AUTO (higher SB volts may help memory clocking/CPU FSB and if you use high end video cards a slightly higher SB volt may help memory/system stability - usually i set it at 1.05-1.125v)
PLL Voltage: AUTO (Clock generator voltage - can leave AUTO only needed to tweak some more FSB out of a cpu i.e. quad core. Up to 1.7-1.8v for benching is okay but for 24/7 keep it as close to 1.5v as possible (AUTO is dangerous as it can set itself to 1.8v! - too high can kill a cpu faster than vcore voltage could)

-- Ratio CMOS Setting:

USB Configuration

Last edited by eva2000; 06-01-2008 at 07:10 PM.
Old 25-01-2008, 02:03 PM   #3
eva2000
Administrator
eva2000's PC Specs

Re: Asus Blitz Formula Bios Template

Asus Blitz Formula 1205 vs 1402 bios

Just flashed my Asus Blitz Formula from 1205 to 1402 official bios http://dlsvr01.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/...ula/BF1402.zip with E8500 already installed. Using in bios EzFlash and USB drive the flash was successful with no problems

Noticed to changes in bios from 1205 to 1402 bios.
  1. 400FSB Strap added to 1402 must be for QX9770
  2. CPU ratio no longer has AUTO and Manual selection - it's just one setting which you can select ratios for AUTO to 9.5x in N/2 increments while I have my E8500 installed. AFAIK, N/2 cpu multiplier support was added in 1302 bios and higher
  3. The memory timings section now shows what the auto values are set as horizontally across the screen - must of flowed on down from what I saw in Maximus board bioses
  4. Transaction Booster levels increased. 1205 bios enabled showed only level 0-1, while 1402 bios shows level selections between 0-3
  5. Command rate shows 1N/2N instead of 1T/2T now

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Asus Blitz Formula SE - 1402 Bios Template:

Extreme Tweaker
CPU Ratio Setting: 09.5
FSB Strap to North Bridge: AUTO
DRAM Frequency: DDR2-667
---RAS# to RAS# Delay: 10
---Row Refesh Cycle Time: 42
---Write Recovery Time: 10
---Write to Read Delay: 10
---Read to Precharge Time: 10
DRAM Static Read Control: AUTO

Tramsaction Booster: AUTO/Enabled/Disabled
--- Boost Level:

CPU Spread Spectrum: Disabled
PCIE Spread Spectrum: Disabled

CPU Voltage Reference: AUTO
Loadline Calibratiom: AUTO or Enabled
FSB Termination Voltage: AUTO
North Bridge Voltage: AUTO
North Bridge Reference: AUTO
-DDRII Channel A Ref Voltage: AUTO
-DDRII Channel B Ref Voltage: AUTO
-DDRII Controller Ref Voltage: AUTO
South Bridge Voltage: AUTO
PLL Voltage: AUTO

CPU Ratio Setting: 09.5

USB Configuration
Closed Thread