You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!
[] Friday night topic: Near misses - - different look at memory

Old 15-09-2012, 05:01 PM   #1
News Hound
News's PC Specs
[] Friday night topic: Near misses

This past Tuesday afternoon, I met with AMD in its hotel suite near IDF for a series of briefings about various parts of its business. When I was finished, I happened to be near a side entrance to the expansive hotel suite, so I opened the door, stepped out into the hallway, pulled the door shut, and began walking to the elevator. A couple of seconds later, I heard a large BANG! behind me. I turned to see that a big, wooden piece that had been affixed above the doorway had fallen to the ground, its thick plywood hitting the floor corner-first and splintering, throwing chunks across the hallway.

My first thought was a calm, "Well, that's unfortunate for the hotel people," followed by a realization that it'd be polite to let the folks from AMD know about the wood in the hallway. Only as I was explaining the problem to one of them ...

News is offline   Reply With Quote

friday, misses, night, techreportcom, topic