You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!
Asus Commando P965 Photo Preview - i4memory.com - different look at memory
Tags Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 23-05-2007, 10:21 PM   #1
eva2000
Administrator
eva2000's PC Specs

twitter.com/i4memorycom Facebook Page livestream.com/i4memorycom
Cool Asus Commando P965 Photo Preview

Yet more beautiful photos - this time Asus Commando P965P motherboard

Originally, I had planned to get Kayl or someone to volt mod my Asus P5B Deluxe for Kayl Black FrozenSS 1/4HP phase change action. But the Asus Commando motherboard was shouting out at me - "hey man... out of the box, I have more vdimm, vcore and better memory controller and NB chipset than your P5B Deluxe !" We'll that's the voice I heard

So courtesy of the fine folks at Asus, a Commando motherboard lands on my door step

The usual photos gallery below:

The box

What's in the box ? Same style packaging as Asus 680i Striker it seems.

Southbridge heatpipe heatsink and similar Power/reset/Clear CMOS buttons as Asus 680i Striker

Closer look at the heatpipe cooling on the Asus Commando

Inside box, accessories, Vista driver cd-rom and manual

Swiftech Apogee mounting bolts installed, ready for some water cooling action to test memory before Kayl Black FrozenSS 1/4HP action

For now, I have some reading/research to do on Commando

Last edited by eva2000; 24-05-2007 at 12:49 AM.
eva2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2007, 10:22 PM   #2
eva2000
Administrator
eva2000's PC Specs

Re: Asus Commando P965 Photo Preview

Bios Template:

Extreme Tweaker:
AI Tuning: Manual
CPU Frequency:
DRAM Frequency: DDR2-533MHz (1:1 Divider), DDR2-667MHz (4:5 Divider), DDR2-800MHz (2:3 Divider), DDR2-889MHz (3:5 Divider), DDR2-1066MHz (1:2 Divider)
PCI Express Frequency: 100
PCI Clock Synchronisation: 33.33
Spread Spectrum: Disabled
CPU Vcore Voltage: Auto
FSB Termination Voltage: Auto
NB Vcore: Auto
Memory Voltage: 2.00v
DDRII Channel A REF Voltage: Auto
DDRII Channel B REF Voltage: Auto
DDRII Controller REF Voltage: Auto
SB Vcore (SATA, PCIE): Auto
SB Chipset Voltage: Auto

Asus C.G.I.: Disabled
Static Read Control: Disabled
Configure DRAM Timing by SPD: Disabled
- DRAM CAS# Latency: 4
- DRAM RAS# to CAS# Delay: 4
- DRAM RAS# Precharge: 4
- DRAM RAS# Activate to Precharge: 12
- DRAM Write Recovery Time: 6
- DRAM TRFC: 42
- DRAM TRRD: 10
- Rank Write to Read Delay: 10
- Read to Precharge Delay: 10
- Write to Precharge Delay: 10

Legacy USB Support: Disabled

CPU Configuration
Modify Ratio Support: Enabled
- Ratio CMOS Setting: 11x
C1E Support: Disabled
Max CPUID Value Limit: Disabled
Vanderpool Technology: Disabled
CPU TM function: Disabled
Execute Disable Bit: Disabled
PECI: Enabled

Last edited by eva2000; 24-05-2007 at 01:14 AM.
Old 23-05-2007, 11:20 PM   #3
inthedoghouse
inthedoghouse's PC Specs

Yeah baby, time for some quadcore action, lets ee what that FSB can do
inthedoghouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2007, 12:14 AM   #4
moloko
moloko's PC Specs

Nice to see you join the Corp eva

If this can be of any help, I posted a rather extensive review on the Asus Commando here. It includes a full run down of the BIOS options as well for anyone curious to see what makes the Commando tick

Great photos eva, I really need to get a decent camera and ditch this cheap kodak easy share thing I've got at the moment hahah.
moloko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2007, 12:45 AM   #5
eva2000
Administrator
eva2000's PC Specs

By inthedoghouse View Post
Yeah baby, time for some quadcore action, lets ee what that FSB can do
hehe starting off with my X6800 but will get to my Q6600 after i do all my memory testing.. need to have the good set of DDR2 memory for when i go phase change with this Asus Commando

By moloko View Post
Nice to see you join the Corp eva

If this can be of any help, I posted a rather extensive review on the Asus Commando here. It includes a full run down of the BIOS options as well for anyone curious to see what makes the Commando tick

Great photos eva, I really need to get a decent camera and ditch this cheap kodak easy share thing I've got at the moment hahah.
Thanks moloko, great review there certainly will help me get up to speed quickly.

One question, do you know if you can use same OS install with Asus Commando that previously was with Asus P5B Deluxe ? Looked at the specs and both are fairly identical minus a few I/O connectors and additional of some external SATA stuff.

Going to just try it with my P5B Deluxe HDD OS, hoping to save a few hours settings up windows/apps hehe.

Just memtesting before i load windows, seems my Asus Commando came with 1001 bios dated 4/17.
Old 24-05-2007, 12:51 AM   #6
loc.o
loc.o's PC Specs

I used me P5B deluxe OS on Commando without a problem. Good to see youve got the board and looking forward to your phase results with it.
loc.o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2007, 02:17 AM   #7
moloko
moloko's PC Specs

By eva2000 View Post
hehe starting off with my X6800 but will get to my Q6600 after i do all my memory testing.. need to have the good set of DDR2 memory for when i go phase change with this Asus Commando

Thanks moloko, great review there certainly will help me get up to speed quickly.

One question, do you know if you can use same OS install with Asus Commando that previously was with Asus P5B Deluxe ? Looked at the specs and both are fairly identical minus a few I/O connectors and additional of some external SATA stuff.

Going to just try it with my P5B Deluxe HDD OS, hoping to save a few hours settings up windows/apps hehe.

Just memtesting before i load windows, seems my Asus Commando came with 1001 bios dated 4/17.
All the testing I did was on BIOS 0702. This was also the BIOS that was shipped with the motherboard (though not the earliest, I believe that was possibly 0601) and at the time of testing 0803 became available early into the testing however after reports by others on XS that the BIOS didn't offer any more stability and possibly a little less memory clocking and as I'd already done a fair chunk of the testing I decided to stay with the 0702 BIOS. That said, 0702 was a very stable BIOS in my experience.

No idea re: P5B Deluxe install working on Commando as I went the other way around when I had the P5B Deluxe and Commando arrive together. Went the Commando first - how could I have resisted?

Thanks also for the kind words about the review, it's good to get feedback

By loc.o View Post
I used me P5B deluxe OS on Commando without a problem. Good to see youve got the board and looking forward to your phase results with it.
If that's so, I wonder whether it'll work in the reverse direction? I've got an 80GB Samsung SATA2 hooked up to my P5B Deluxe with the Commando formatted 74GB Raptor waiting for the new board from RMA. I wonder if the Raptor will work on the P5B Deluxe system. This will be something to try tomorrow evening I think
moloko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2007, 02:40 AM   #8
eva2000
Administrator
eva2000's PC Specs

well i might as well have reinstalled a fresh OS.. why ? well the drive i planned to use wasn't my P5B Deluxe OS drive it was my Asus 680i Striker drive

So I thought, why not clone my P5B Deluxe OS drive to Striker drive - should be quick right ? Well load Acronis Trumeimage 10 4942 build cd in and tried cloning the drive ... stuck 3/4 of the way there won't clone... so try imaging and restoring to striker drive... stuck won't backup image.. argggh!

Running seagate tools to see if disk has issues heh (edit: seems my P5B Deluxe drive might have some bad sectors running extended test now).

Have you heard of any Acronis Trueimage 10 issues with Asus Commando ?