You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!
[Techpowerup.com] Windows 8 a Catastrophe, Want Linux to Thrive: Gabe Newell - i4memory.com - different look at memory
Tags Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 27-07-2012, 07:30 AM   #1
News
News Hound
News's PC Specs

[Techpowerup.com] Windows 8 a Catastrophe, Want Linux to Thrive: Gabe Newell

Gabe Newell is part of the crowd that's not impressed with Microsoft Windows 8, or the direction in which it's going to take PC gaming. Newell's concerns, expressed in an interview to VentureBeat, go beyond the God-awful UI, and predict that Windows 8 could reshape the computing industry in a way that's bad for high-performance desktops, at least those sold by major OEMs, which could affect game developers and distributors such as Valve, which took roots in the PC platform.

"I think that Windows 8 is kind of a catastrophe for everybody in the PC space. I think that we're going to lose some of the top-tier PC [original equipment manufacturers]. They'll exit the market. I think margins are going to be destroyed for a bunch of people. If that's true, it's going to be a good idea to have alternatives to hedge against that eventuality," said Newell.

More...
News is offline   Reply With Quote