You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!
[Anandtech.com] ASUS Demonstrates Displays with Integrated Touch and WiDi - i4memory.com - different look at memory
Tags Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-06-2012, 08:03 AM   #1
News
News Hound
News's PC Specs

[Anandtech.com] ASUS Demonstrates Displays with Integrated Touch and WiDi

Years ago ASUS made the transition from being just a motherboard company to a notebook manufacturer. These days I'm getting the distinct impression ASUS would like to be much more than just a notebook company. It has been building everything from displays to routers for quite a while now, but ASUS is definitely ramping up its focus on all things peripheral to motherboards and systems.

At Computex we got a glimpse of two ASUS displays, one that brings integrated Intel Wireless Display (WiDi) technology (pictured above) and one that integrates touch. Although I wouldn't rely on WiDi as a primary interface for my display due to latency, it does make it easier to temporarily "connect" another machine to your display.

The touch enabled model is obviously aimed at Windows 8 and I expect to see more touch enabled desktop monitors as Windows 8 officially launches. I don't know that touch alone is a compelling feature for Windows 8, but it seems like it's going to quickly become a requirement as it really is a more convenient way to interact with the Metro UI.

Gallery: ASUS Demonstrates Displays with Integrated Touch and WiDi

More...
News is offline   Reply With Quote