You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!
DFI STREET IS NO MORE ++++ NEW DFI CLUB FORUM IS UP!!!!!!!! - i4memory.com - different look at memory
Tags Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-01-2007, 09:42 AM   #1
dinos22
dinos22's PC Specs

Exclamation DFI STREET IS NO MORE ++++ NEW DFI CLUB FORUM IS UP!!!!!!!!

I visited DFI street recently after some worrying posts from moderator (Happy_Games) and DFI falling apart and cutting costs

hmmm i mentioned he should start looking for a job...guess i was right

News Update: January 5th, 2007

As of today, DFI has decided that honesty and integrity are not their cup of tea.

DFI and DFI-Street.com have parted ways because of this.

If you are at all inclined to complain about the situation, here are some email addresses that you should send letters to:

Frank Wong - DFI USA Support Manager
frankwong@dfiweb.com

Ed Huang - Head of North American DFI Operations:
edhuang@dfiweb.com

YC - CEO of DFI (Taiwan):
YC@dfi.com.tw

DFI-Street.com will no longer be supporting DFI products unless your emails generate a response from DFI HQ and they decide to continue to purchase advertising or support help.

In the meantime, DFI-Street.com is now available for open advertising, or even for outright purchase.

If you are interested in a joint-venture of content or wish to use DFI-Street's heavy enthusiast traffic base to promote your products, please contact me via telephone:

and leave a voice message with your name, telephone number, and any pertinent information as to the nature of your call.

Travis "Happy_Games" Hill
DFI-Street.com owner/admin
i didn't like Angry_Games much but there was lots of useful info on that site....oh well looks like DFI is going DOWN

[EDIT] maybe not.........looks like DFI is regrouping and just getting rid of AG and the gang
Dear Customer,

Thanks for your E-mail. First of all, www.dfi-street.com is owned by Mr. Travis Hill (Angry_Game). We paid him as a contractor to support our customers on his forum for years. Recently, he posted some improper message on the forum that hurts the relationship between www.dfi-street.com and DFI. That’s why we terminate the contract with him starting from 1/4/07. We’ll have another forum to support DFI M/B users later.

Thanks again

DFI San Jose

Last edited by dinos22; 08-01-2007 at 04:01 PM.
dinos22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 10:02 AM   #2
MrRevhead
MrRevhead's PC Specs

Re: DFI STREET IS NO MORE!!!!!!!!

With DFI's mentality towards their retail customer base over the past few years in terms of support being sub-standard IMO, it comes as no surprise. They have shot themselves in the foot a number of times before, so it doesn't surprise me that this has also happened.

Hopefully Oskar is picked up by another leading motherboard manufacturer and continues his talent in producing some good enthusiast focused boards.

I wonder if this is because AG couldn't keep his mouth shut a number of times or whether they have shifted their business objectives altogether more towards industrial components, which was the rumour going around a couple of months ago.

Hopefully things pick up for the better, as optimistic as that sounds.
MrRevhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 10:05 AM   #3
dinos22
dinos22's PC Specs

By MrRevhead
With DFI's mentality towards their retail customer base over the past few years in terms of support being sub-standard IMO, it comes as no surprise. They have shot themselves in the foot a number of times before, so it doesn't surprise me that this has also happened.

Hopefully Oskar is picked up by another leading motherboard manufacturer and continues his talent in producing some good enthusiast focused boards.

I wonder if this is because AG couldn't keep his mouth shut a number of times or whether they have shifted their business objectives altogether more towards industrial components, which was the rumour going around a couple of months ago.

Hopefully things pick up for the better, as optimistic as that sounds.
ABIT again
Old 06-01-2007, 10:10 AM   #4
MrRevhead
MrRevhead's PC Specs

By dinos22
ABIT again
Yeah, thats what I was thinking, hopefully he goes back to his roots to revive them from their rather bland last few years.
MrRevhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 12:01 PM   #5
dinos22
dinos22's PC Specs

.......looks like DFI is regrouping and just getting rid of AG and the gang
Dear Customer,

Thanks for your E-mail. First of all, www.dfi-street.com is owned by Mr. Travis Hill (Angry_Game). We paid him as a contractor to support our customers on his forum for years. Recently, he posted some improper message on the forum that hurts the relationship between www.dfi-street.com and DFI. That’s why we terminate the contract with him starting from 1/4/07. We’ll have another forum to support DFI M/B users later.

Thanks again

DFI San Jose

Last edited by dinos22; 06-01-2007 at 12:20 PM.
Old 06-01-2007, 03:22 PM   #6
SkewdLogix
SkewdLogix's PC Specs

That's a real shame. I've always found DFI-Street to be an invaluable aid in adressing compatability issues and help in tweaking DFI mobos. Luckily, just this morning I downloaded the latest two Beta BIOS's for the Expert from Merlin so I can still play around with them.

I guess another forum will be active again soon but it won't have the wealth of info that is in the last few years of posts on tweaking DFI products.
SkewdLogix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 03:24 PM   #7
eva2000
Administrator
eva2000's PC Specs

twitter.com/i4memorycom Facebook Page livestream.com/i4memorycom

Hmmm i get the feeling we don't know everything... i certainly don't. I think the fuss is all for nothing.

It's simple... DFI is running a business. Like any other business when your employees or contracted workers breach their terms of their contract or employment, they're fired.

But yes it's shame that the entity itself called dfi-street.com will no longer have the support of DFI and hence no longer be available in the form that is once was. I don't think we'll see the end of the dfi-street.com just a change ?

Last edited by eva2000; 06-01-2007 at 05:04 PM.
eva2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 03:31 PM   #8
SkewdLogix
SkewdLogix's PC Specs

I agree with you. For sure there will be another suport forum in the near future... now what form it takes and how it will compare remains to be seen.

DFI-Street.com will probably be around to ... obviously Angry (and I assume that he is angry again) will try to make the most of his assets which are basically the enthusiast base which has built up over the years... whether he can maintain it is another thing.
SkewdLogix is offline   Reply With Quote