You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!
[Techpowerup.com] Mirror's Edge Fans Should Keep Holding Their Breath For The Sequel - i4memory.com - different look at memory
Tags Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-10-2011, 10:02 AM   #1
News
News Hound
News's PC Specs

[Techpowerup.com] Mirror's Edge Fans Should Keep Holding Their Breath For The Sequel

Mirror's Edge received good reviews when it was released and has been quite popular with gamers who unsurprisingly, want a sequel. This is especially important in the case of Mirror's Edge, as this game is single player only, so it's not something a gamer can come back to time after time. However, a sequel has never really been on the cards for Electronic Arts, since it didn't sell as well as they had thought it should have and rejected a prototype ME2. Now, developer DICE have been busy with other projects such as upcoming blockbuster Battlefield 3, but good news could be on the horizon, since Electronic Arts are adamant that Mirror's Edge is an important brand for their portfolio. SPOnG recently interviewed Patrick Liu from DICE and asked him if he thought that the games market would be receptive to Mirror's Edge 2. He answered:
Yeah, definitely. I think it's something that people are ready to get into again. We see that there's a huge fan following, it's almost like a cult! And we know what strengths we had, and what weaknesses we had in that game. If we were to release a new game, we'd know what to improve and how to reach a broader audience. So I definitely think there's a market there.
Good news then for Mirror's Edge cult members, err, fans, keep holding your breath!

Source: SPOnG

More...
News is offline   Reply With Quote