You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!
Microblogs.com - How to Build a Solid 25nm SSD (and how not to) - i4memory.com - different look at memory
Tags Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 23-02-2011, 12:02 AM   #1
eva2000
Administrator
eva2000's PC Specs

twitter.com/i4memorycom Facebook Page livestream.com/i4memorycom
Microblogs.com - How to Build a Solid 25nm SSD (and how not to)

Micron's blog has posted a new article titled - How to Build a Solid 25nm SSD (and how not to)

f you’re a fan of SSD technology, you’ve probably seen some of the forum buzz about new 25nm NAND SSDs. One of our SSD competitors rolled one of their existing models to new 25nm NAND, but they created a slower, lower-capacity drive—and didn’t change the model number or any of the marketing to acknowledge these shortcomings.

Their customers are upset (and rightfully so). The end result of all this has created some negative perceptions about the quality of 25nm NAND, which is really misplaced. It is possible to build great SSDs with 25nm NAND; but you do have to be deliberate about your process and objectives (it also helps to have inside knowledge about how that NAND works). I want to use today’s blog to lay out some of the key principles that guided the development of the RealSSD™ C400—our own 25nm SSD (the retail version will be branded as the Crucial M4 SSD):
Full artilce http://www.micronblogs.com/2011/02/h...nd-how-not-to/

Basically, Micron had to address 25nm NAND technology to clear up the mess OCZ did with Vertex 2 25nm transition.
eva2000 is offline   Reply With Quote