You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!
[news] Corsair new 'Expert' range @ theInquirer.net & Xtremeresources.com - i4memory.com - different look at memory
Tags Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-01-2005, 11:42 PM   #1
eva2000
Administrator
eva2000's PC Specs

twitter.com/i4memorycom Facebook Page livestream.com/i4memorycom
Post [news] Corsair new 'Expert' range @ theInquirer.net & Xtremeresources.com

Corsair reveals real cool memory range

CES 2005

By Wil Harris in Las Vegas: Friday 07 January 2005, 00:45

WE HAD a good old chinwag with the memory masters at Corsair, this afternoon.

It gave the INQ a sneak preview of its brand new memory product, that we report exclusively on here today.

The line is called Corsair Xpert, and it features an incredible alpha-numeric display across the top of the modules. The modules report the temperature of the RAM, as well as their internal frequency and voltage. That's not all - using the custom Corsair Memory Dashboard software, you can programme the modules to say anything you want - perfect for all your case modders with windows in your systems.

Aside from being spectacularly cool, the modules also have a practical application for overclockers. They are rated at DDR400, and have lag-bashing 2-2-2-5 timings for super-fast running and maximum overclocking potential. With motherboards often being a little economical with the truth when it comes to reporting RAM specifics like voltage and frequency, the Memory Dashboard software allows users to keep a close eye on what is actually going on with their memory subsystem.

The swashbuckling chaps also launched a flash memory range last month that they were cooing over today. Whilst flash memory is usually about as exciting as a Bill Gates keynote, this stuff is cooler than the average. The entire thing is coated in a hard-wearing rubber, which we tested by throwing the stick against a brick wall several times. True to form, all our data was still intact, making this the most rugged memory stick that the INQ has seen. It also has blistering access times so that you can fill the 512MB capacity in a jiffy.

You can check out the latest Corsair info on their homepage, at Corsairmemory.com.

Source: http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=20567

Also from Xtremeresources.com

During a private meeting with Joe James from Corsair during CES 2005, we gleaned the following information about upcoming products and improvements.

Corsair is rolling out production of it's new XMS series XPERT memory modules - rated at PC3200. This XPERT series measures temperature, frequency and voltage on the module with sensors in the microcontroller buit in on the module, and displays those parameters,as well as 3 user programmable messages, on a tinted LCD display. Corsair has developed a Windows based dashboard application for display purposes.

The display is tall enough to fit other memory modules underneath it, and the display is offsettable either on the left or right sides. This series of memory is using a Corsair designed PCB using the JEDEC reference.

Corsair has worked with Brainpower and developed a faster PCB that gives an overclocking edge on the XL memory and is being used on most of the XMS modules now. A follow up design is in the works.

DDR2 - Corsair will most like produce some DDR800 memory soon though the market is pointing more towards DDR667 using DDR2 technology.

Hydrocool improvements - a smaller more efficient pump is being utilized, with plans for GPU and CPU cooling soon. Corsair is between generations now and will be rolling out improvements with next generation product, with announcement planned for mid January. There are a lot of changes and Corsair wants to up the performance, and make it more affordable. It will use a small but very powerful pump and a standard bay reservoir. The radiator is external and will mount on the back of the case chassis.

Source: http://www.truextreme.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35789
eva2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 11:43 PM   #2
eva2000
Administrator
eva2000's PC Specs

Best part is Corsair working with Brainpower folks to produce better pcbs.. only means better overclocking modules in the future

More info at Corsair forums http://www.houseofhelp.com/v2/showthread.php?t=34271

According to Corsair VP of Applications, John Beekley, A substantial investment of engineering and manufacturing resources was required to bring this exciting technology to fruition. Corsair is very excited about the family of XPERT products that we will soon be bringing to market.

The first memory products incorporating XPERT technology will be available on January 31, 2005. The first product, a matched pair of 512 MByte PC3200 low latency modules, is expected to retail at approximately $440.

Last edited by eva2000; 08-01-2005 at 11:58 PM.
Old 09-01-2005, 03:43 AM   #3
LanoX
LanoX's PC Specs

I think i found my self new ram that i was after

waht u think eva worth to try ...
LanoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 04:43 AM   #4
eva2000
Administrator
eva2000's PC Specs

I'd wait for the reviews and US$440 ain't cheap = AUD$586 excluding GST/markup so maybe AUD$630-650 here!
Old 09-01-2005, 02:46 PM   #5
LanoX
LanoX's PC Specs

By eva2000
I'd wait for the reviews and US$440 ain't cheap = AUD$586 excluding GST/markup so maybe AUD$630-650 here!
Ouch that is a lot of money ...
Hey so what ram do u think i should get coz i am selling my ocz pc4000 to my mate for $250 and he wants it like next week but i am not sure what to get now ... i asked u few times but you never gave me definite answer sorry hehe but u the one to ask for ram :P thanks man
LanoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 04:09 PM   #6
groovetek
groovetek's PC Specs

that won't even fit on my board, unless i only run single channel!
groovetek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 06:35 PM   #7
eva2000
Administrator
eva2000's PC Specs

By LanoX
Ouch that is a lot of money ...
Hey so what ram do u think i should get coz i am selling my ocz pc4000 to my mate for $250 and he wants it like next week but i am not sure what to get now ... i asked u few times but you never gave me definite answer sorry hehe but u the one to ask for ram :P thanks man
start a new thread and ask me or continue at http://i4memory.com/showthread.php?p=1947#post1947
Old 25-01-2005, 12:11 PM   #8
eva2000
Administrator
eva2000's PC Specs

Preview posted at http://www.cooltechzone.com/index.ph...1&limitstart=0