You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!
Ultra-D Dead? - Page 4 - i4memory.com - different look at memory
Tags Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 14-06-2006, 03:26 AM   #25
HighAce
HighAce's PC Specs

By alpha0ne
Please make sure you keep ppl informed of the progress Ace and demand the second postage cost to be reimbursed, you should not have to pay for their alledged mix up

I will be following this very closely as I do for any ones problems with suppliers/distries as I have come to think that the only way to keep em honest is to inform as many ppl as possible of any shoddy dealings, I have had more than my share over the years and make it a bit of a hobby giving shonky dealers/distries a hard time in a way that will hurt them the most and I really hope Mittoni are 'on the case' in this instance
Thanks for your support Alpha, i really hope it all gets sorted out and i will keep all posted on the progress, though hopefully it's all good news from here on in.
HighAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2006, 02:21 PM   #26
HighAce
HighAce's PC Specs

Update:

Well I am happy to report that about 5 minutes ago a "NEW" Ultra-D arrived on my door step!

I never did receive and explanation of how the mix up happened even though i did ask several times.....but not to worry, it's been dealt with and i have a new replacement mobo so i am happy, and even though what happened did annoy me and should not have happened in the first place thanks must go to Mittoni for their speedy work and efforts in rectifying the situation with DFI.

Revision of this one is: R.AE0

I'll report on how it performs as soon as i get this one shut down and the boards changed over.
Old 27-06-2006, 04:35 PM   #27
alpha0ne
alpha0ne's PC Specs

Very glad to hear Ace

Mittoni =
alpha0ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2006, 09:15 PM   #28
HighAce
HighAce's PC Specs

Well i'm having problems yet again

Installed my new Ultra-D today and it booted ok into bios but when i was moving around the menus it froze...had to do a hard reset and this time it rebooted to a black screen with a single white vertical line to the right of the screen...

Did another hard reset and got back into the bios and setup all my options and rebooted, came up with a black screen with a flashing _ in the top left hand corner, so another reboot and back into bios and moving about the bios it froze again

So i reset CMOS again and waited for 10mins, booted up and this time left everything at defualt and it booted fine into windows, moved about in windows ok and seemed to run fine, so restarted and went back into bios and started to setup all my settings again and it froze on the menus again, so rebooted and back to a flashing _ in the top left hand corner....had to do another hard reset and this time it allowed me to setup everything and boot into windows which ran fine, but going back into bios to change something it froze yet again!

So i then downloaded TMODS latest CD and flashed to 704-2BTA and still the same problems, then tried 623-2BTA and it's still randomly freezing when moving around the bios menu.

Any suggestions as to what might be the problem?
Old 29-06-2006, 09:54 PM   #29
alpha0ne
alpha0ne's PC Specs

Raise Vdimm, my first Ultra D did this @ default Vdimm untill I updated bios

Also once you have updated bios (with all the switches) make sure to then clear CMOS for half an hour
Old 29-06-2006, 11:23 PM   #30
HighAce
HighAce's PC Specs

By alpha0ne
Raise Vdimm, my first Ultra D did this @ default Vdimm untill I updated bios

Also once you have updated bios (with all the switches) make sure to then clear CMOS for half an hour

Alpha, your blood is worth bottling!!!!! ,again you have helped me to solve a problem, i guess i'm going to have to send you some beers or something one day soon

Updated to the latest DFI BIOS and i must say i do like this latest one, it now has the option to correct the temp settings which is very handy , plus a few other new settings which i need to look into.

So far since re flashing it has not frozen once in bios and it's currently memtesting nicely.

Well hopefully i can leave this thread now and start a new one about my new Ultra-D!

And thanks again for the help Alpha.
Old 30-06-2006, 01:51 AM   #31
alpha0ne
alpha0ne's PC Specs

Glad to be of service sir