You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!
digital vmod circuit with push buttons not multiturn trimpots (anyone interested?) - Page 2 - i4memory.com - different look at memory
Tags Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-07-2010, 11:13 PM   #9
Uncle Fester
Uncle Fester's PC Specs

cant see your pics mate
Uncle Fester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 11:33 PM   #10
muzwa kai
muzwa kai's PC Specs

strange, it shows on mine.

how bout this?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

if not http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/2858/07072010358.jpg
muzwa kai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 06:11 PM   #11
dinos22
dinos22's PC Specs

wow cool
keep it up
dinos22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 06:20 PM   #12
muzwa kai
muzwa kai's PC Specs

By dinos22 View Post
wow cool
keep it up

thanks dino. been soldering most of afternoon. to jaycar and back twice. i just hope it holds the resistance value when the circuit is switched off. that will be one of the first tests.
Old 08-07-2010, 08:23 PM   #13
muzwa kai
muzwa kai's PC Specs

a couple of pics, (crap phone cam) trying to figure out these image tags. direct links if they dont work

anyhoo, the volt modding circuit works. i finished soldering one of the two circuits. a little troubleshooting and got it working. there are 64 steps, meaning pressing the button 64 times will take it from highest to lowest resistance (or vice versa). the 10K chip goes from 9.91K to 0.2K. so there are essentially 64 voltage adjustments, minus a few if you need like 8K to start voltage increase. still waiting for the two 50K and one 100K chips. the resistance increases very high when the circuit is switched off, so the voltage will go back to stock. there may be a 0 ohm measurement for a fraction of a second as it is switches on and off though, but probably just the multimeter measurement delay. i need to test more to see. but ive done enough for today. i need to add voltage measure points and the power switch LED. also the second vmod circuit.
but it f$%^#$g works. im stoked.

http://img682.imageshack.us/img682/1952/modbox2.jpg

http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/3784/modbox.jpg

Old 10-07-2010, 01:06 AM   #14
muzwa kai
muzwa kai's PC Specs

since it's working, i might call it the muz mod, or kai box, hahahah
Old 16-07-2010, 03:23 PM   #15
T_M
T_M's PC Specs

The real benefit i see of this idea is that you can do on the fly voltage adjustment to known levels.
With a VR you can never be sure when you turn it what you will get and its cumbersome to watch a DMM while it jumps around mid-bench while trying to adjust.
Im happy to be a guinea pig if you want to send me one.

Maybe the next upgrade could be telling it what voltage you want, and it sets itself as needed?
That would be crazy difficult though as feedback involved.
T_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2010, 04:10 PM   #16
muzwa kai
muzwa kai's PC Specs

By T_M View Post
The real benefit i see of this idea is that you can do on the fly voltage adjustment to known levels.
With a VR you can never be sure when you turn it what you will get and its cumbersome to watch a DMM while it jumps around mid-bench while trying to adjust.
Im happy to be a guinea pig if you want to send me one.

Maybe the next upgrade could be telling it what voltage you want, and it sets itself as needed?
That would be crazy difficult though as feedback involved.

i still havent finished, the cheap buttons i got are a bit dodgy, and the plastic melts leaving the connectors loose, even soldering for short time. so i'll replace them with maybe metal switches. i'll do a few tests on my 8800 with vmem and vgpu mods next week, and if its all good, proper benching at the brisbane OC meet next weekend.
the upgrade you mentioned is a little above my skill level. i am thinking of disassembling two cheap multimeters and adding them to the box, just with the screen and circuit just set to volt measurement.

just now as i was typing, i got a call from the chip/IC supplier, and the 50k IC is discontinued. so i only have two 10k and one 100k IC's. just looking at other ones now, there are some with 256 steps instead of 64. gonna check out the circuit differences now.
i cant really send you one until i figure all this crap out.