You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!
Ex58-UD5 missing Memory Capacity - Page 2 - i4memory.com - different look at memory
Tags Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-06-2010, 06:23 PM   #9
JonnyPotSmoker
JonnyPotSmoker's PC Specs

the swapped asus board that is back to retailer, could have issues with the memory, yes.
but my ex58-ud5 not. i bought this memory because its auf the boards qvl list.

im from austria (not australia ) and don want to ship the rams, want it now working (what a dream ^^).

in an hour i go to my retailer and give him the cpu back and take the kingston hyperx 1600 mems whit me. looking that kingston has good rams, that work now.

another board is the last i would try (have builted up the system again, before 2days and dont want to do it again ^^)
take a look how kingston memories work..
JonnyPotSmoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 06:27 PM   #10
eva2000
Administrator
eva2000's PC Specs

twitter.com/i4memorycom Facebook Page livestream.com/i4memorycom
QVL lists are nice but still doesn't rule out a specific board being faulty - so other choice is try a 2nd EX58-UD5 board and see if it has same problems. Also QVL lists are tested at a particular point in time so that module memory may have certain memory ics but newer modules of same memory might have switched memory ics too.
eva2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 06:45 PM   #11
JonnyPotSmoker

that whit the memory ics i heard, that they can be another although the memorys are the same model.

like i said, now i will give the kingston memorys a try and when they dont solve the problem too then i will hear on you and get the ud7.

edit:
what do you mean whit ud7 has better memory clocking?
for overclocking? im now fine when they ALL run at stock speed 1066..
Old 03-06-2010, 07:00 PM   #12
JonnyPotSmoker

a little update from me:

as i came home from work directly dismounted my ud5 and changed it against the asus p6t WS professional.

this means i have now another board and another memory and now looking forward that the problem is now solved.

will update again..

update:

seems that it is solved now whith asus p6t WS pro and Kingston HyperX Memorys.

frist i was shocked at the first boot whit the new system, i was just seeging 8gb detecting.
gave the mems 1,66 what the kingstons want. raised a bit the vtt voltage and voila - after next boot seeing 12gb detecting.

today morning bootet up again to see if it worked, and still 12gb detecting - no cold boot s*** like before..

thanks all who helped me - especially eva2000! big thanks im out.

Last edited by JonnyPotSmoker; 04-06-2010 at 06:28 PM.
Old 21-06-2010, 07:43 AM   #13
maskedsam
maskedsam's PC Specs

I've got the same problem with the Gskills RAM
6GB Gskill 1333 MEMORY - F3-10666CL9T-6GBNQ
and a Gigabyte X58A-UD3R motherboard

Only shows 2 or 4 gig on a cold boot. One RAM stick failed memtest so it only has 4 sitting in there, but on a cold boot this morning it only showed 2 gig until I rebooted....

I've pulled the cpu out and looked for bent pins...it's all good. I'm not sure if it's the motherboard or the RAM that's causing the problem but I suspect it's the RAM

Should I be sending the GSkill RAM back and trying some other brand?
maskedsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2010, 09:15 PM   #14
JonnyPotSmoker

youre lucky..
i dont looked at that thread anymore, just today before deleting the link from desktop =)

my retailer said to me that this is a known problem at gigabyte (ud5?) boards..
i would say switch the board against another!

now i have an asus p6t WS pro and no problems any more..
Old 22-06-2010, 07:14 AM   #15
maskedsam
maskedsam's PC Specs

It's not the UD5 it's the UD3R

Last edited by maskedsam; 22-06-2010 at 07:19 AM.
maskedsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2010, 07:38 PM   #16
eva2000
Administrator
eva2000's PC Specs

twitter.com/i4memorycom Facebook Page livestream.com/i4memorycom
By JonnyPotSmoker View Post
a little update from me:

as i came home from work directly dismounted my ud5 and changed it against the asus p6t WS professional.

this means i have now another board and another memory and now looking forward that the problem is now solved.

will update again..

update:

seems that it is solved now whith asus p6t WS pro and Kingston HyperX Memorys.

frist i was shocked at the first boot whit the new system, i was just seeging 8gb detecting.
gave the mems 1,66 what the kingstons want. raised a bit the vtt voltage and voila - after next boot seeing 12gb detecting.

today morning bootet up again to see if it worked, and still 12gb detecting - no cold boot s*** like before..

thanks all who helped me - especially eva2000! big thanks im out.
you're welcome, interesting turn of events, so could be gigabyte board/bios and problems with the memory which Asus had no problems with

By maskedsam View Post
I've got the same problem with the Gskills RAM
6GB Gskill 1333 MEMORY - F3-10666CL9T-6GBNQ
and a Gigabyte X58A-UD3R motherboard

Only shows 2 or 4 gig on a cold boot. One RAM stick failed memtest so it only has 4 sitting in there, but on a cold boot this morning it only showed 2 gig until I rebooted....

I've pulled the cpu out and looked for bent pins...it's all good. I'm not sure if it's the motherboard or the RAM that's causing the problem but I suspect it's the RAM

Should I be sending the GSkill RAM back and trying some other brand?
hi maskedsam and welcome

I suggest you read http://i4memory.com/ramdetect/ and follow suggestions in the listed linked threads in that thread - one suggestion is labeling each module 1, 2, and 3 and rotating each module in same dimm 2+4+6 slots - to eliminate modules and/or dimm slots are possible factors. If the same module doesn't get detected in cpuz spd tab (drop down menu to access other dimm slot inserted module info) and in bios RTL channel A/B/C (one channel reports RTL = 0 - so if RTL channel B = 0) that means module in dimm slots 3 or 4 is the problem module. On other hand if same dimm slot has issues regardless of module used in that slot, then could be dimm slot/board. Of course these symptoms don't rule out other reasons as listed at http://i4memory.com/ramdetect/
eva2000 is offline   Reply With Quote