You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!
GOOC Australia 2010 > Are you ready? Monster prizes booth babes 250+ppl REGISTER NOW! - i4memory.com - different look at memory
Tags Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 20-04-2010, 09:12 PM   #1
dinos22
dinos22's PC Specs

Arrow GOOC Australia 2010 > Are you ready? Monster prizes booth babes 250+ppl REGISTER NOW!

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaare you ready? Check for details below

GIGABYTE is pleased to announce the world’s biggest and most anticipated overclocking event of the year.
Welcome to this year's GIGABYTE Open Overclocking Championship for Australia 2010 (GOOC 2010).

For those of you wondering what it's all about please check out last year's The Overclocker magazine coverage,
a great forum thread on OCAU or the ABC2 TV coverage below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpUDL6SUbyM

GOOC Australia 2010 is going to be bigger and better this year.
  • Huge amount of competition prizes
  • All expense paid trip to Pan Asia Regional Final in Jakarta, Indonesia for TWO extreme OC finalists (18-6-2010 until 21-6-2010)
  • Door prizes from event sponsors
  • Booth babes galore
  • Three times bigger venue with threefold increase in guests compared to last year
  • Food and drink tab upped to $6,000 :leet:
  • 7x competitors in live finals (4x extreme + 3x enthusiasts)
  • Up to $500 travel budget for extreme OCers and $100 for enthusiasts
....and many more awesome reasons to come so register now to book a spot and come watch the live overclocking competition and more in Sydney on 15th May (limited to 150 people).
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER TO ATTEND THE LIVE EVENT AS A SPECTATOR ON 15th MAY. You must be over 18 years old to register!

FEATURED HARDWARE
  • GIGABYTE X58A-UD9
  • GIGABYTE X58A-UD7
  • GIGABYTE P55-UD7
  • GIGABYTE P55-UD3R
  • Intel Core i7 980X CPU
  • Intel Core i5 6xx & i7 8xx Series CPUs
  • Intel Core i7 980X CPU
  • Corsair 2GB Dominator GTX3 RAM Modules
  • Western Digital SATA3 VelociRaptor Hard Drives
  • Antec 1200W OC PSUs
  • Antec Gaming Cases

THE VENUE

Kingpin Bowling Darling Harbour

COMPETITIONS:

There will be two final events taking place side by side, the extreme LN2 OC competition and enthusiast air OC competition as well as gaming machines for the event guests. Four overclockers from extreme competition and three from enthusiast competition will be chosen to join the live event in Sydney on 15th May 2010 at Kingpin Bowling in Darling Harbour.

You cannot enter both competitions!

RESULT SUBMISSION LINK FOR EXTREME OC COMPETITION CLICK HERE

1) EXTREME OC Competition -Competition end time is up on the website...please follow official timer Four top spots will qualify to GOOC Australia 2010 live competition in Sydney on 15th May.

RULES:
HARDWARE & SOFTWARE:
Motherboard: GIGABYTE X58 Series
CPU: LGA1366 Intel
Video Card: OPEN
Memory: OPEN
HDD: OPEN
OS: Windows XP 32/64bit, Windows Vista32/64bit, Windows7 32/64bit
Utility Software: Super_Pi_Mod-1.5 and wPrime (downloads available on HWBOT website)
Cooling method: OPEN

BENCHMARKS:
①wPrime 32M
②Super Pi Mod1.5 32M
Winners will be the best overclockers with highest sum of points according to point scoring table:
Code:
Score 	①wprime 32M 	②Super Pi 32M
1st 	      8 	      12 
2st 	      6 	      9
3st 	      3 	      6 
4st 	      2 	      3 
5st 	      1 	      1
Best result, lowest score in both benchmarks
Top 4 scores qualify for live event.
In case of a 4th spot tie, the entry with better 32M SuperPi time wins

①wPrime 32M Finished Calculation screen with CPU-Z "CPU" "Motherboard" "Memory" tab image as per HWBOT requirements

② 1.5 Super_Pi_Mod-32M Finished Calculation screen with CPU-Z "CPU" "Motherboard" "Memory" tab image as per HWBOT requirements

2) ENTHUSIAST AIR Competition -Competition end time is up on the website...please follow official timer Three top spots will qualify to GOOC Australia 2010 live competition in Sydney on 15th May.

>>> You must submit your results for this competition on OCAU website in this thread

RULES:
HARDWARE & SOFTWARE:
Motherboard: OPEN
CPU: OPEN
Video Card: OPEN
Memory: OPEN
HDD: OPEN
Cooling method: AIR/WATER, SUBZERO .. whatever you want
PICS of rigs are mandatory

BENCHMARKS:
There are essentially no rules for the enthusiast competition so you can run any benchmark you want to post. If you like your PC running stock thats cool too post pics of the rig but you better have overclocking experience or you will get smashed in Sydney (juuuuuuuust kidding lol).

REMEMBER > Three people qualify for live event which means you are all guaranteed prizes and the prizes are going to be sweeeeeeeet

The idea here is to pull off your PC cover and OC what you have, OC the HDD, video card, CPU, girlfriend's vibrator, use your imagination. Pics of the rig are mandatory and the more involvement the better the chance of being selected. Online poll will be created to pick two finalists and the third finalist will be selected by judges. This is a popularity contest people so dress to impress

Rules:
  • HWBOT score submission rules apply.
  • Contestant must register on HWBOT to submit scores. If this is an issue please contact me asap.
  • Gigabyte has the final word on results and reserves to change any rule at any time during and after competition.
  • Judges may request for further proof or to reveal tweaks that can be double checked before awarding the final prize
  • All prizes awarded during live event are to be considered as preliminary prizes. All the results will be double checked after the event for any irregularities and winners will be notified if there are any changes to the outcome.

3) GAMING PCs to try your skills on -GIGABYTE will provide a bunch of gaming machines for people to have some fun with dressed up in some slick Antec cases :leet:

BOOTH BABES

Not 100% sure if these girls are confirmed but great looking booth babes are a must

PRIZES

Extreme OC competition prizes:
1st Place: $500 CASH + WD SATA3 VelociRaptor + Antec 750W PSU + Corsair GTX3 kit + Trip for one overclocker to compete in GOOC Regional final in Indonesia on 19th June. (4 Day 3 night events, all expenses paid)
2nd Place: $300 CASH + GIGABYTE X58A-UD7 + Antec 750W PSU + Corsair Nova 64GB SSD
3rd Place: $100 CASH + GIGABYTE X58A-UD7 + WD SATA3 VelociRaptor

Special prize: Team Australia won last year's Pan Asian Regional Final in Thailand and as such have a special offer for GOOC Australia competition in sending the second competitor to the the Pan Asia Regional Final in Indonesia, Jakarta. GIGABYTE judge will select the second contestant to go to GOOC Regional final in Indonesia. This prize will be awarded to the overclocker that gives his best on the night regardless of the placing. Our message to you is don't give up. Fight until the end!

Enthusiast OC competition prizes:
1st Place: $300 CASH + GIGABYTE P55A-UD7 + Corsair HW750 PSU + WD SATA3 VelociRaptor
2nd Place: $200 CASH + GIGABYTE P55A-UD3R + Antec 750W PSU + Corsair H50 Watercooling kit
3rd Place: $100 CASH + Antec 750W PSU + WD SATA3 VelociRaptor

AUDIENCE PRIZES: Corsair Survivor 32GB USB stick + Antec 550W PSU + WD SATA3 VelociRaptor + GIGABYTE P55A-UD3R

GOOC Australia 2010 SPONSORS

Last edited by dinos22; 05-05-2010 at 11:15 PM.
dinos22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2010, 11:56 PM   #2
eva2000
Administrator
eva2000's PC Specs

twitter.com/i4memorycom Facebook Page livestream.com/i4memorycom
Thanks Dino for heads up, clarify title says 250+ people but the final limited to 150 people ? what of the other 100 people ?

Cutting it close rego web site end of week april 23rd with closing date may 5th, that gives folks only 12 days or 2 week ends (4 days) for folks who busy during week days.

Also GTX3 corsair modules newer than GTX2 or typo ?

Front page post http://i4memory.com/wp/article/951
eva2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2010, 12:14 AM   #3
dinos22
dinos22's PC Specs

GTX3 FTW and WD VelociRaptors are also SATA3 ones

the other 100 will be resellers and media guys plus some vendor ppl I invited

I cant say it yet as it hasnt been announced but one of the vendor's coming potentially is a good mate of mine and well known around here.....i hope it gets the green light

are we going to see you at one of these one day man commmmmmmmon
Old 21-04-2010, 12:22 AM   #4
eva2000
Administrator
eva2000's PC Specs

Unfortunate but work and staying close to my dad for now as my sister is coming up from Sydney to see my dad and family soon.

Ooooh GTX3 modules interesting. Hope Corsair able to put up a few sandforce based SSDs in those rigs hehe
Old 21-04-2010, 01:22 AM   #5
dinos22
dinos22's PC Specs

All the machines will be powered by WD SATA3 VelociRaptors
Old 21-04-2010, 01:34 AM   #6
Uncle Fester
Uncle Fester's PC Specs

By dinos22 View Post
All the machines will be powered by WD SATA3 VelociRaptors

Nice sounds like fun have tried any of these in a RAID setup for pc mark ???
Uncle Fester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2010, 01:49 AM   #7
eva2000
Administrator
eva2000's PC Specs

Dino, you need to pick up the marketing tips from here http://i4memory.com/f41/vr-zone-com-...e-model-23426/
Old 21-04-2010, 01:54 AM   #8
dinos22
dinos22's PC Specs

i saw that today on an email from someone
wife walked by going WTF is going on there LMAO
i haven't had such a good laugh for a while

uncle F >> hell yeah i am looking around for a raid controller as i'll havea few of these to play with after the event hahahah