You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!
2x1GB Crucial Ballistix Tracer Dying - i4memory.com - different look at memory
Tags Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-02-2006, 08:59 PM   #1
scum
scum's PC Specs

2x1GB Crucial Ballistix Tracer Dying

Looks like my tracers are slowing dying, errors in numerous memtest

DFI - Ballistix
The really annoying thing is Crucial haven’t officially acknowledge their is a problem despite the overwhelming evidence from users or a fix for the failing ram
Some people are on their 3rd and 4th rma modules
So dont even consider buying this memory

Last edited by scum; 10-02-2006 at 09:14 PM.
scum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 09:58 PM   #2
psy^
psy^'s PC Specs

Actually, tracers have been pulled from production. You can't get more "offically acknowledged" than that. If you're after a big P.R friendly "we're sorry" speech, i wouldn't hold my breath.

As you've seen, Crucial are handling RMAs from far too many users to keep the modules on the market, so you might want to try getting them replaced while you still can.

Last edited by psy^; 10-02-2006 at 10:02 PM.
psy^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 10:36 PM   #3
eva2000
Administrator
eva2000's PC Specs

twitter.com/i4memorycom Facebook Page livestream.com/i4memorycom
ouch ....let me know when you need to rma them back to Crucial... from that thread seems probably better to wait until Crucial clears their rma stock of this ram and/or when they offer a new 2GB product so you can rma replace with that new part rather than accept same/possible bad batch of ballistixs again.

You have lifetime warranty - but i'm going to email crucial and find out what that entails for this ballistix line of products seeing as they're EOL

Hold tight for me reply from crucial

Right now more interested in the symptoms you are experiencing regarding the modules dying ?
eva2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 10:42 PM   #4
Rammsteiner
Rammsteiner's PC Specs

I almost bought them, but when I wanted to order them the shop didnt had them anymore. I was pretty happy because I reab about all of them dying
Rammsteiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 11:04 PM   #5
scum
scum's PC Specs

Have run memtest previously with no errors at all
however lately i`ve had a several bsod, random reboots freezing in games
and memtest has aleast 50 errors running defaults settings
I have tried all the suggested settings from various forums, tried air cooling the ram but no go
bombs out in super pi
My pc is very flakey atm
Swapped over the ocz pc4000eb no problems, so its definately the memory
I dont think crucial is going to fix this problem, from other ppls info looks like this ram will no be manufactured anymore and no new version produced
Pure speculation of course
Eva dont worry i can rma it myself, but i`m in no hurry i have spare ram
Want to see what solution Crucial comes up with
Old 10-02-2006, 11:12 PM   #6
eva2000
Administrator
eva2000's PC Specs

twitter.com/i4memorycom Facebook Page livestream.com/i4memorycom
RMA needs to be done by original purchaser http://www.crucial.com/company/terms...mited_warranty = me so let me know when

Terms of limited warranty. Except with respect to products marked with the "AM" prefix (hereinafter an "AM Part"), Ballistix™ memory products, refurbished products, video cards or non-Crucial branded products or software, Crucial warrants to the original customer purchasing products directly from Crucial that all such products sold will be free from defects in materials and workmanship affecting form, fit and function. Any claim alleging that any product fails to conform to the foregoing warranty may be made only by the customer who purchased such product and only while such customer owns such product. Crucial, at its option, will repair, replace, or provide a credit or refund of either the original purchase price or fair market value, whichever is lower, of any product that is determined by Crucial to be defective.

With respect to AM Parts, Crucial warrants that such products comply with the applicable product data sheet effective at the time of shipment as available from Crucial on its web page (http://www.crucial.com). Any claim must be made within one (1) year from the original date of shipment by Crucial and Crucial shall have no liability thereafter. The foregoing warranty granted on AM Parts is to the initial customer end-user and is non-transferable. Crucial, at its option, will repair, replace, or provide a credit or refund of either the original purchase price or fair market value, whichever is lower, of any product that is determined by Crucial to be defective during the warranty period.

With respect to Crucial Ballistix products, Crucial warrants to the original customer purchasing such products directly from Crucial that all such products sold will meet the datasheet specifications as found on its web page (www.crucial.com/ballistix). Any claim alleging that any product fails to conform to the foregoing warranty may be made only by the customer who purchased such product and only while such customer owns such product. Crucial, at its option, will repair, replace, or provide a credit or refund of either the original purchase price or fair market value, whichever is lower, of any product that is determined by Crucial to be defective. Some system configurations may not be designed to operate or may not operate at the published Crucial Ballistix memory speed and timing settings. Overclocking, running your system faster than the speed for which it was designed or the published speed, or otherwise modifying your system timing may result in damage to computer components and Crucial disclaims any and all liability for such damage.

With respect to refurbished products, Crucial warrants to the original customer purchasing such products directly from Crucial that all such products sold will be free from defects in materials and workmanship affecting form, fit and function. Any claim must be made within thirty (30) days from the original date of shipment and Crucial shall have no liability thereafter. Any claim alleging that any product fails to conform to the foregoing warranty may be made only by the customer who purchased such product and only while such customer owns such product. Crucial, at its option, will replace or provide a credit of either the original purchase price or fair market value, whichever is lower, of any product that is determined by Crucial to be defective during the warranty period.

With respect to video card products, Crucial warrants to the original customer purchasing products directly from Crucial that all such products sold will be free from defects in materials and workmanship affecting form, fit and function. Any claim must be made within one (1) year from the original date of shipment and Crucial shall have no liability thereafter. Any claim alleging that any product fails to conform to the foregoing warranty may be made only by the customer who purchased such product and only while such customer owns such product. Crucial, at its option, will repair, replace, or provide a credit or refund of either the original purchase price or fair market value, whichever is lower, of any product that is determined by Crucial to be defective during the warranty period.

The above warranties cover only defects arising under normal use and do not include malfunctions or failures resulting from misuse, abuse, neglect, alteration, problems with electrical power, usage not in accordance with product instructions, acts of nature or improper installation or repairs made by anyone other than Crucial or a Crucial-authorized third party service provider. Crucial reserves the right to substitute functionally equivalent new or serviceable used parts.

With respect to non-Crucial branded products or software, any warranty is provided by the original manufacturer and not by Crucial. These products may only be returned in accordance with the return policy in effect on the date of invoice. The warranties and technical support may vary from product to product.

Return procedures. Please contact the place of purchase for return procedures. If customer purchased product(s) directly from Crucial, then customer shall return the product(s) to Crucial pursuant to the following terms. Customer must obtain a Return Material Authorization ("RMA") number by calling customer service at 1-800-336-8915. Returned products should be shipped to the following address:

Crucial
Attn: RMA Dept - RMA# _______
3475 E. Commercial Ct.
Meridian, ID 83642

Customer shall return the products to Crucial in the original packaging and enveloped in the original antistatic bags. Crucial will not be responsible for damaged parts if customer does not follow this process. Please retain shipping information, including tracking numbers, until your account has been credited by Crucial or replacement product is received. If Crucial determines that failure of the product(s) was not a result of a defect in materials or workmanship, Crucial reserves the right to charge customer for parts and labor at Crucial's then current labor rate or charge customer a 20% restocking fee. Crucial will advise customer prior to assessing these charges.
eva2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 11:36 PM   #7
scum
scum's PC Specs

nps

i`ll let you know, might wait a few weeks see what develops

Thanks
Old 11-03-2006, 05:38 PM   #8
Butters
Butters's PC Specs

*sigh* looks like my tracers are dying too

recently I have been getting numerous bsod in BF2 and getting kicked by punkbuster for having corrupted memory.
system has also become unstable with random reboots and freezing in games.

ran memtest at stock settings on individual sticks and had errors at test 4 and 6.

going to email crucial about a rma.
Butters is offline   Reply With Quote