You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!
Does Brand Or IC matter More? - i4memory.com - different look at memory
Tags Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 16-01-2006, 03:20 PM   #1
I)ickie
I)ickie's PC Specs

Does Brand Or IC matter More?

Hi Guys,
This is my first post on i4memory. Just got a question. It seems that a lot of people are backing different ram companies and saying that this module from this company clocks the highest. What i want to know is that if i get some Samsung UCCC on a brain power PCB from Yumcha ahoy rams is it going to perform any worse than getting some MEGA FANCY PANTS Gold VX Platinum series DDRMAXTO TwinX PC4000 Ram (sorry got a bit carried away). Just wondering.
For example
Team xtream ram
or
G.Skill Ram

Price difference of $50 both Samsung UCCC

Thanks
I)ickie
I)ickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2006, 03:38 PM   #2
ArcTan
ArcTan's PC Specs

usually it costs more because of the company speed binning chips
not all UCC are good
you get good ones and bad ones
with companies like gskill and ocz, they use the best chips and probably use the crappier ICs in their value line

so the better stuff would overclock higher on average
ArcTan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2006, 03:53 PM   #3
I)ickie
I)ickie's PC Specs

UCCC doesnt seem to come stock any faster than 500 3 4 3 8. I imagine that Team Xtream also bins as it has DDR 400 modules as well. Since this is as fast as UCCC is sold at do you think there would be a difference?
Thanks
I)ickie
I)ickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2006, 12:27 PM   #4
willz75
willz75's PC Specs

Team modules represent fairly good price vs performance value. Quite a few people have been getting great results with them. I suppose its up to you to take a dip and find out

You can't really go wrong with GSKill, they have a great reputation amongst overclockers and in most cases reputation costs a bit more
willz75 is offline   Reply With Quote