You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!
Extremely weird behaviour from T3eH8 & Dominator GT's - Page 2 - i4memory.com - different look at memory
Tags Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 18-06-2009, 03:50 AM   #9
Adrgha
Adrgha's PC Specs

I suppose you never know, but at the same time, I have never ran any excessive voltages into it. Vcore was at 1.23v when it happened, VTT at 1.33v, Vdimm at 1.67. I don't see how the hell those voltages could cause any damage. Also; the sound disappeared when I dumped the memory multiplier to 8x and upped baseclock instead. I'm testing 200x8 mem now, which seems to do ok (LinX has been running for 30 mins). You'd think that if the IMC was damaged, it wouldn't act like this? My problems definitely point to the memory I think. These sticks won't even POST at 1600MHz 6-6-6.
Adrgha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2009, 08:20 AM   #10
GNU
GNU's PC Specs

I believe the RAMs are damaged because of wrong settings (maybe?). So your last chance is to rma it. I wish you good luck.
GNU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2009, 04:33 AM   #11
Adrgha
Adrgha's PC Specs

By eva2000 View Post
Corsair should take care of you so no worries there.
I wish that was true, but I have to say I am extremely dissatisfied with Corsair's customer support right now. First of all it took them nearly one week to respond, but also, and as I expected, they blame everything else they can think of but the RAM. I have also talked to one of their reps directly via email and he could not help me either. They ask the same questions over and over again and keep repeating that I should use a VTT of 1.6v, where my system won't even POST with the ram at the stock 1.65 (0.05v diff between VTT and Vdimm... come on!). I have been running the RAM at 1600MHz 7-7-7 now for a week and they're fine at that speed, but as soon as I try to lower the timings or increase the frequnecy beyond 1700MHz stability goes out the window. I have tried everything I can think of and I'm out of options right now.

I hope one of the sticks die completely so they can approve an RMA...
Old 24-06-2009, 05:05 PM   #12
eva2000
Administrator
eva2000's PC Specs

twitter.com/i4memorycom Facebook Page livestream.com/i4memorycom
By Adrgha View Post
I wish that was true, but I have to say I am extremely dissatisfied with Corsair's customer support right now. First of all it took them nearly one week to respond, but also, and as I expected, they blame everything else they can think of but the RAM. I have also talked to one of their reps directly via email and he could not help me either. They ask the same questions over and over again and keep repeating that I should use a VTT of 1.6v, where my system won't even POST with the ram at the stock 1.65 (0.05v diff between VTT and Vdimm... come on!). I have been running the RAM at 1600MHz 7-7-7 now for a week and they're fine at that speed, but as soon as I try to lower the timings or increase the frequnecy beyond 1700MHz stability goes out the window. I have tried everything I can think of and I'm out of options right now.

I hope one of the sticks die completely so they can approve an RMA...
Sorry to hear is that corsair.com direct support or you have a local corsair support in your country ?

Unfortunately, manufacturer's need to understand not all cpu memory controllers like higher cpu vtt uncore voltages. I'll see if I can get Mike from corsair to look at this thread. No promises
eva2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2009, 12:43 AM   #13
Adrgha
Adrgha's PC Specs

It seems my last email did the trick. It was long and very detailed (where I explained to them the balance of VTT and Vdimm...), and took me an hour to write. I got an email saying that RMA was approved and that they would replace them. Finally!

Edit: it was Corsair global support. I think they only have one support office in Europe and that's in the UK.
Old 25-06-2009, 01:05 AM   #14
eva2000
Administrator
eva2000's PC Specs

twitter.com/i4memorycom Facebook Page livestream.com/i4memorycom
Ah good you had it sorted out
eva2000 is offline   Reply With Quote