You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!
Problem with DFI LP DK 790FXB-M2RS And Sets variables Memories into BIOS - - different look at memory

Old 11-06-2009, 07:52 PM   #1
NaxoLG's PC Specs
Problem with DFI LP DK 790FXB-M2RS And Sets variables Memories into BIOS

Hi People:

This is my first post. To begin with greetings to all.

"I used the search in the forum but did not find anything about it"

I have a problem with a DFI board. Well, that is rather not use the BIOS. Gave me because I wanted to start in the world of OC in a big way ... but I think I went too far jejeje. The problem is not as sets variables for the memories, or the most elemental.

I have the DFI LP DK 790FXB-M2RS with the latest BIOS to access in the future AM3 easily. I have read the manuals in the BIOS, but I explained at the time of making the sets of variables. I have some GSkill 4-4-4-12 DDR800. If you could show me that I should change fields to work .. I would appreciate it very much.

Best regards and thanks for welcoming you to your family.

P.D: Forgive my English, it will be horrible ... not much English and I use google translate: P
NaxoLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 10:47 PM   #2
eva2000's PC Specs
Hi NaxoLG and welcome to

Unfortunately, never used that board or AM3 so can't help with your settings, but probably someone else here can.

It's unfortunate due to AM2/AM3 not being a popular platform that majority of folks wouldn't have delved into the oc'ing on this platform.
eva2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 01:48 AM   #3
NaxoLG's PC Specs
Hi eva2000:

First thank you for the welcome.

Second, I apologize because I put the wrong plate. It really is the LANPARTY JR 790GX-M3H5.

Well I know I would just like to acknowledge the concept of Timers in the BIOS.

This is the BIOS that I have now, and not as well put Timers. He recognized one of them but I think we need to change something that 4 Timers appearing in the reports (4-4-4-12) and voltage of the RAM.

Here I leave with you the link to the pdf of the BIOS, GenieBIOS. On page 2, leave the seting of voltages. I for my part I changed the DRAM voltage control to 2.08 (the closest to 2.1 recommended by G-Skill for the memories).

But what is not explained to me Timers. I have set:
TRCD = 4
TRAS = 12
TCL = 4
TRP = 4
but I do not know if I need more timers.

The problem is that the system is not stable in the manner I have above, so I guess it will be something that I put bad .....

Well thank you very much again for everyone.
NaxoLG is offline   Reply With Quote

790fxbm2rs, bios, dfi, memories, problem, sets, variables