You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!
Massman makes Phenom II sweat hard - i4memory.com - different look at memory
Tags Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-02-2009, 12:34 AM   #1
leeghoofd
leeghoofd's PC Specs

Massman makes Phenom II sweat hard

No idea if I can post this here Eva2000 or is it in the news section ?

"Wohoow ... awesome". That's my first reaction when AMD published their first overclocking results of the 45nm Phenom II; not only because they showed frequencies way above 6GHz, but mainly because they eliminated the cold bug issue, which was the plague of every Phenom nd Intel cpu in the recent past. In Las Vegas, during the CES event, the people of AMD teamed up with SF3D and Sampsa from Team Finland to perform the world's first overclock on Liquid Helium, which has a boiling temperatures around -269C, only four C above the absolute zero point. Effectively, they were able to run the CPU at -232C, resulting in a 6.3GHz 3D stable CPU.

When the first series of official AMD Phenom II reviews was released we could finally find out if the results obtained by the AMD team at CES was repeatable or not. We went through almost 30 reviews of the new Phenom II X4 940 but were quite disappointed by the overclocking tests which were almost solely focused on air-cooling. Time to complete the testing; I teamed up with Belgian LN2 OC guru Blind_Ripper, got 30L of LN2 and set up the following system to check the true overclocking limits of the Phenom II"

More info here in the small overclocking review :

AMD Phenom II X4 940 Subzero Overclocking Test: 6Ghz Obtainable?"

leeghoofd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 01:11 AM   #2
eva2000
Administrator
eva2000's PC Specs

twitter.com/i4memorycom Facebook Page livestream.com/i4memorycom
Sweet clocks on Phenom II!

Yeah posting here or in DFI AMD Motherboard/cpu is fine
eva2000 is offline   Reply With Quote