You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!
[review] Patriot Memory Factory Tour @ Hardwaresecrets.com - i4memory.com - different look at memory
Tags Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 22-09-2005, 01:14 PM   #1
eva2000
Administrator
eva2000's PC Specs

twitter.com/i4memorycom Facebook Page livestream.com/i4memorycom
Cool [review] Patriot Memory Factory Tour @ Hardwaresecrets.com

Patriot is one of the newest players in the retail memory market and their market share seems to be growing. Their factory, located in the heart of Silicon Valley, is smaller than other memory factories we’ve been to, yet they have five full assembly lines – the same number of lines of old Corsair facilities in Fremont (Corsair has just changed to a new building and they now have six lines). We’ve took a tour on their factory, which we’ll share with you in this article.

Patriot Memory Factory Tour

The memory module manufacturer can buy the memory chips as a final product from a memory manufacturer like Samsung, Hynix, Infineon, etc; can buy them untested (a.k.a. UTT chips) and test (usually for speed grade) and sort them in-house; or can buy the memory wafer, cut the wafer and pack the integrated circuits by themselves.

Patriot fells in the first option (during our tour we’ve seen a lot of Samsung chips being used). However, for the high-end memory modules targeted to overclocking, the memory chips come to their factory already tested and hand-picked for the highest speed possible, speeds such as 600 MHz and 700 MHz.
http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/203/1

Article can be discussed at http://i4memory.com/showthread.php?t=1390

Closed Thread