You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!
DFI Lanparty UT X58-T3EH8 LGA1366 Photos, Bios and Overclocking Information Guide - Page 4 - i4memory.com - different look at memory
Tags Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 26-12-2008, 11:13 PM   #25
eva2000
Administrator
eva2000's PC Specs

twitter.com/i4memorycom Facebook Page livestream.com/i4memorycom
By bazx View Post
you always do a great lay out of your posts eva

you got to love the socket lay out nice and clean
Thanks, posted up some more initial first time results in this thread. Will start the official info/results thread later once I get the hang of this board.

By cowie View Post
ok ok i'v been waiting for this board,...hows it going?
i see theres not that many settings in this dfi bios lol
waiting for more info then next week i buy one for myself with a 920.
oh man i hope my kyle pot fits nice on this board.

edit
i'v been looking for air cooling
i think the Ultra 120 Extreme is the best i can find sofar this morning,scythe does make 1366 kits but not for my orochi.
It's way easier to overclock this board than any previous Intel/DFI board!! TRUE120 is best air cooling you can hope for

By Edge View Post
Finally someone running this ugly beast. I really hope it lives up to the early days of dfi. Lets see some clocks!!!

1st post here btw. Merry Xmas peeps...
Hi Edge and welcome
eva2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2008, 12:58 AM   #26
jjj
jjj's PC Specs

Thanks for the mini review Eva.
I have a few questions if you don't mind.
Any case fan blowing air on the PWM or the tests were not done in a case(yes i know the 2 Scythe on the TRUE blow air on it anyway)
I noticed the vcore is lower at idle at 2660Mhz and i presume it's because it was set on auto but in the second test @3816Mhz the vcore at idle is way higher then at load,so my question would be was LLC enabled (or as it's named in bios Vcore Droop Control) and if it was ,was it a fluke or the board has this much of a Vdroop?
Also does EIST work when OC'ed with Turbo and HT on?
Thanks and waiting for more tests
jjj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2008, 01:01 AM   #27
dinos22
dinos22's PC Specs

looking good so far george
that CPU isnt too bad....can you try higher

is yours HOT like everyone elses heheheh
dinos22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2008, 01:19 AM   #28
cowie
cowie's PC Specs

By jjj View Post
I noticed the vcore is lower at idle at 2660Mhz and i presume it's because it was set on auto but in the second test @3816Mhz the vcore at idle is way higher then at load,so my question would be was LLC enabled (or as it's named in bios Vcore Droop Control) and if it was ,was it a fluke or the board has this much of a Vdroop?
i think dfi mb's when Vcore Droop Control is enabled it means you have the built in vdroop,disabled then its normally very accurate,thats how it is on both my ut p35 and ut p45 boards anyways.

------
more test's please
if you do some 3d i'll make some popcorn
cowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2008, 06:41 AM   #29
eva2000
Administrator
eva2000's PC Specs

By jjj View Post
Thanks for the mini review Eva.
I have a few questions if you don't mind.
Any case fan blowing air on the PWM or the tests were not done in a case(yes i know the 2 Scythe on the TRUE blow air on it anyway)
Also does EIST work when OC'ed with Turbo and HT on?
at stock i accidently left CxE enabled and set at AUTO, this allows you to select the C-states which effect idle operations AFAIK. With 18x201BCLK i had CxE disabled. I haven't gotten as far as to test Turbo in combination with HT and EIST/CxE etc. Will do that later

No case used, open desk and the pull fan on TRUE120 is directed on the Flame Freezer heatsink and the push fan is positioned lower down so air flow goes under TRUE120 heatsink towards PWM area See photo

By dinos22 View Post
looking good so far george
that CPU isnt too bad....can you try higher

is yours HOT like everyone elses heheheh
Seems like typical 920 temps for air, will try cpu higher

By cowie View Post
i think dfi mb's when Vcore Droop Control is enabled it means you have the built in vdroop,disabled then its normally very accurate,thats how it is on both my ut p35 and ut p45 boards anyways.

------
more test's please
if you do some 3d i'll make some popcorn
Yup DFI bios when Vcore Droop Control is enabled it means Intel spec'd vdroop is in effect. When you disable it, then you reduce vcore droop. 3D tests coming soon as well.

Last edited by eva2000; 27-12-2008 at 08:28 AM.
Old 27-12-2008, 08:58 AM   #30
Edge
Edge's PC Specs

Thanks for the welcome eva,

I was wondering, after looking at all the photos its really hard to tell, is the NB cooler attached to the PWM cooler with a heatpipe? I was hoping they were separated. One less thing for me to cut off with a dremel lol...

And have you pulled the mobo coolers off yet? I was wondering what they used for thermal interface materiel.

Either way those are some sexy clocks, TY for the bios info/settings.
Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2008, 09:18 AM   #31
eva2000
Administrator
eva2000's PC Specs

It does seem the NB heatsink has a heatpipe that extends to the mosfet heatsink from these 2 photos of the cpu socket area - side view and top view. It would also explain why, adding a fan over NB heatsink and dropped SYSTEM (and PWM) temps at idle from 57C to 44C and load temps from 70C to 55C for SYSTEM and 46C to 39C for CHIPSET temps

Haven't pulled off heatsinks yet - want to see how they do out of the box first

Last edited by eva2000; 27-12-2008 at 09:27 AM.
Old 27-12-2008, 09:54 AM   #32
Edge
Edge's PC Specs

Ahh ty for the info, that side view tells the tale.

I never understood the reasoning behind attaching parts via heatpipe. Especially without a stock NB cooler.

Every board I've had in the last 2 years or so I've had to cut off the mobo heatpipes. And in every case by doing so it lowered the temps on all components involved.
I guess it looks sexy so they keep adding them. But I would love to get a board that came with seperate coolers stock, and small fans for all.

I never understood the reasoning behind the mobo heatpipe craze. "The pwm's are usually smoking hot, so lets connect them to the north bridge so it can fry too" lol...
Its like companies are trying to evenly cook a turkey.

Heat travels to the coldest area, be it up down left or right. But then toss in the heatpipe liquid heated to a gaseous state and it wants to rise thus throwing a wrench in the thermal works. So on a btx layout all the gas travels to the southbridge. Laying flat it may not be able to go anywhere unless there's a easy path of travel upwards. And in a normal upright atx layout all the heated gas will want to travel to the already hot PWM's.

Unless I'm missing something here "and I very well could be" it all seems a little wonko to me lol.
I would love to hear other people's input on mobo heatpipes.
Heatpipes or not I still plan on buying this puppy when the price comes down a little.
Edge is offline   Reply With Quote