You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!
[review] MCT-5 Non-conductive Fluid @ Bleedinedge.com - i4memory.com - different look at memory

Notices

Old 28-07-2005, 06:33 PM   #1
eva2000
Administrator
eva2000's PC Specs

twitter.com/i4memorycom Facebook Page livestream.com/i4memorycom
Cool [review] MCT-5 Non-conductive Fluid @ Bleedinedge.com

With the increasing popularity of overclocking comes an increasing number of individuals that are trying anything and everything to keep their CPU’s cool. We have seen some huge heat sinks come to market that have helped, but certainly, there is a limit as to how big you can actually make a heat sink, as weight is a concern. Another choice that has become more popular is water cooling. I just finished a review of the Corsair “COOL” water cooling system, and was certainly impressed with its ability to keep my CPU as cool as I have ever seen it.

With water cooling becoming more mainstream and cheaper, you have everyone from the enthusiast to the beginning computer builder interested in trying it out. That is great news for those in the business of producing water cooling units and the products that go along with them. But not all news is good news with the increasing use of water cooling. What I mean by that is, the more people you have using water cooling, the more people you have that can potentially kill their systems by either not properly installing the water cooler, or having leaks after installation. After all, water and electronics do not match very well! That was my only hesitation to venturing out into water cooling.

Today’s review covers a product that should give the end user a little peace of mind. We are going to look at a product from Midwest Cooling Technologies called MCT-5. This is a product that is said to be non-conductive, and is used to replace the coolant and distilled water that a water cooler normally calls for. In other words, if you spill it on your equipment, it should do no harm to the system.
http://www.bleedinedge.com/reviews/c.../mct-5_01.html
eva2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2005, 06:43 PM   #2
/\/\r.Abdul
/\/\r.Abdul's PC Specs

has this been proven to be non conductive? as in put there mobo on the line for a test?
/\/\r.Abdul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2005, 07:36 PM   #3
dinos22
dinos22's PC Specs

nice..........they should have demonstrated this hehehehehehehe...chicken**** review
dinos22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2005, 08:04 PM   #4
alpha0ne
alpha0ne's PC Specs

Any one know how much ppl in AU pay for normal coolent mix ??

@ $21 for 32oz (stupid yanks and imperial only place in the world ) it seems not so cheap to me, though I would have NFI about coolent costs
alpha0ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2005, 08:26 PM   #5
dinos22
dinos22's PC Specs

good ones are about that much....this one is special and worth the dough

By alpha0ne
Any one know how much ppl in AU pay for normal coolent mix ??

@ $21 for 32oz (stupid yanks and imperial only place in the world ) it seems not so cheap to me, though I would have NFI about coolent costs
dinos22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2005, 01:21 AM   #6
T_M
T_M's PC Specs

what a waste of money.
$6-8 for a bottle of Nulon and $2 for distilled water and you are set.
T_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2005, 08:59 AM   #7
JingJok
JingJok's PC Specs

By T_M
what a waste of money.
$6-8 for a bottle of Nulon and $2 for distilled water and you are set.
unless you're dodge and just slap hoses onto barbs and run cracked res's, (and this is the reason I hope its just expensive tap water ) These are the people this **** is aimed at I think. Most of us who research and put the time in to know what we're doing would definately go for the nulon and distilled.
JingJok is offline   Reply With Quote