You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!
Asus Rampage III Extreme - results thread - Page 16 - i4memory.com - different look at memory

Notices

Old 14-07-2010, 04:42 AM   #121
famich
famich's PC Specs

it looks that both links are dead...at least for now..
famich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2010, 05:13 AM   #122
donmarkoni
donmarkoni's PC Specs

Really not working. Strange...

Try now. I changed links.
There are "Sharing URL" and "URL with File Name" options when sharing from MediaFire, and second one always work, but now it doesn't, IDK.
donmarkoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2010, 05:21 AM   #123
famich
famich's PC Specs

Thanks, pal, I have succeeded this time !!!
famich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2010, 11:25 PM   #124
vilkoyote
vilkoyote's PC Specs

Hi guys, I'm coming back to you, sorry for the delay I've done some errands

DonMarkoni, I tried the precedent settings you've posted and every time I had to deal with this stupid #@#~ blank screen on startup, no matter the voltage I putted.

The only stable overcloked parameters I found was using the Xmp memory features and here are some screens of my settings. I think this is an issue with the Gskill memories, I read in some post that these damn sticks are pretty hard to stabilize.
I will put the entire bios parameters later as I am in a hurry).The computer is fully stable that way (cpu stress, memtest, 3dmarkvantage...)

could the current voltage settings cause some troubles or is it safe ?
By the way the watercooling system is awesome !!! (cause the ambient temp is 32C, so the results are not so bad aren't they ?).
Think I will buy a camera this week to post some pictures of the rig here.
The duo Full WaterBlock EK-FB RE3 Nickel + WatererBlock CPU Apogee XT are working pretty well for overcloking purpose.

BTW I m still running the 704 official bios, is it worth it to upgrade it
Thanks guys for your patience and your time

Last edited by vilkoyote; 14-07-2010 at 11:59 PM.
vilkoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2010, 03:10 AM   #125
donmarkoni
donmarkoni's PC Specs

By vilkoyote View Post
Hi guys, I'm coming back to you, sorry for the delay I've done some errands

DonMarkoni, I tried the precedent settings you've posted and every time I had to deal with this stupid #@#~ blank screen on startup, no matter the voltage I putted.

The only stable overcloked parameters I found was using the Xmp memory features and here are some screens of my settings. I think this is an issue with the Gskill memories, I read in some post that these damn sticks are pretty hard to stabilize.
I will put the entire bios parameters later as I am in a hurry).The computer is fully stable that way (cpu stress, memtest, 3dmarkvantage...)

could the current voltage settings cause some troubles or is it safe ?
By the way the watercooling system is awesome !!! (cause the ambient temp is 32C, so the results are not so bad aren't they ?).
Think I will buy a camera this week to post some pictures of the rig here.
The duo Full WaterBlock EK-FB RE3 Nickel + WatererBlock CPU Apogee XT are working pretty well for overcloking purpose.

BTW I m still running the 704 official bios, is it worth it to upgrade it
Thanks guys for your patience and your time
Hmm... Very strange... Probe shows QPI/DRAM 1.57V and TurboV 1.25V.
If it is 1.57V it could be dangerous. Common opinion is that one should try to use less then 1.45V VTT (QPI/DRAM) for 24/7 usage.
Are you familiar with using Digital Multimeter? You could check your voltages at probe points near Start and Reset buttons.
I would try new BIOS'es, as there might be some improvements with your memory.
I tried 9124 and it looks like it needs less voltages for same speeds, and also could use tighter memory timings. Will try 0860 too.
Old 16-07-2010, 09:15 AM   #126
donmarkoni
donmarkoni's PC Specs

This is important, so I'm making a double post,

as I need confirmation from you guys:

Does Disabling Hardware Prefetcher under CPU Configuration impairs your memory bandwidth?

Thanks!
Old 16-07-2010, 01:51 PM   #127
shadewither
shadewither's PC Specs

By donmarkoni View Post
This is important, so I'm making a double post,

as I need confirmation from you guys:

Does Disabling Hardware Prefetcher under CPU Configuration impairs your memory bandwidth?

Thanks!
Disabling Hardware Prefetcher eliminates performance for 99.9% applications.(except for some DBMS)
Depending on the memory bandwith testing method, it impairs memory bandwith more or less.
shadewither is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2010, 02:37 PM   #128
Skully
Skully's PC Specs

Here's a benchie of what my RIIIE has allowed me to do oc'ing.
Using Mushkin REDline, and 980X cpu...water cooled..
I usually run 12gig REDline, but to get a high oc I went down to 6gig..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg great superpi 4600mhz.jpg (120.1 KB, 30 views)
Skully is offline   Reply With Quote