You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!
Gtx 570 won't boot - i4memory.com - different look at memory

Notices

Old 20-08-2011, 03:09 PM   #1
Intercept
Intercept's PC Specs

Gtx 570 won't boot

Hey guys couple of issues

basically I knocked a capacitor off my gpu when I was replacing my hsf and I had to solder it back on and replace the thermal paste on my card. I turned the computer on and was running it smoothly for the last 24 hours in 3dmark games etc and had even used msi afterburner to test out the old stable clocks again. However just this morning it crashed once in bf bc2 so i restarted stopped the overclock and started playing again. It then froze restarted and now i can't get the card to even show a visual on my computer screen (tested another card to make sure it wasn't other components in my computer).

The symptoms are:
One loud beep followed by about 2-3 short mini beeps
fan is on and card is actually in the slot
no burning or bad smell from the card at any point

I also think i might be able to possibly hear the graphics card click over trying to boot at the start.

The capacitor I soldered was the blue one at the top (btw i have no idea what this actually does)

http://www.ixbt.com/video3/images/re...scan-front.jpg

My question is, Do you guys think it could be that the thermal paste was not enough and it has stopped loading to protect itself?

possibility that the solder on the capacitor was bad?
Or is this card most likely bricked?

any help would be great,

Cheers,

hvalac
Intercept is offline   Reply With Quote