You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!
[Anandtech.com] Integral Launches 512 GB microSDXC Card: UHC-I, U1, Class 10 - i4memory.com - different look at memory

Notices

Old 26-01-2018, 06:54 AM   #1
News
News Hound
News's PC Specs

[Anandtech.com] Integral Launches 512 GB microSDXC Card: UHC-I, U1, Class 10

Integral Memory has released the industry’s highest-capacity microSDXC memory card that one can buy today. Integral’s new 512 GB microSDXC V10, UHS-I U1 card can store half of a terabyte of data, but its performance is not very high, meeting only the V10 specification for sequential write speed, limiting the recording of 4K video.

Integral’s 512 GB microSDXC card belongs to the company’s Class 10 UHS-I U1 lineup that already includes various capacities from 8 GB to 256 GB. These cards are aimed at Google Android-based smartphones, as well as tablets, and are designed primarily to store videos and images. The 512 GB microSDXC card uses the UHS-I bus and delivers up to 80 MB/s data transfer rate. The card also carries the Class 10 and UHS Speed Class U1 labels which guarantee that it supports at least 10 MB/s minimum sequential writing speed, which is enough for taking pictures and FHD videos. Meanwhile the card does not support any Application Performance Classes and therefore might not be suitable for huge mobile games or VR applications.

A number of manufacturers demonstrated microSD cards featuring 512 GB and even 1 TB capacities (some are even listed), but none of them has started commercial shipments of such products. The highest-capacity microSD card available today is the SanDisk Ultra Plus 400 GB that can be used to store applications.

Integral 512 GB microSD Card at a Glance General Specifications Usable Capacity ~512 GB Read Speed up to 80 MB/s Write Speed Minimum Sequential Write Speed 10 MB/s Operating Temperatures 32ºF to 140ºF (0ºC to 60C) Interface UHS-I Availability February 2018 SDA Labels UHS-I, Class 10, U1 Integral plans to start selling its 512 GB microSDXC V10, UHS-I U1 card sometimes in February, but says nothing about its price. Typically Integral’s microSD cards for smartphones are shipped with a USB OTG (On-The-Go) microSDHC/XC card reader featuring dual USB connectors, but it looks like in case of the 512 GB microSDXC card the company will only supply a microSD-to-SD adapter.

For xkcd fans, this means that with microSD cards we can now reach 12.8 PB per gallon.

Related Reading

More...
News is offline   Reply With Quote