You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!
Frozen Cascade - Page 8 - i4memory.com - different look at memory

Notices

Old 08-10-2006, 10:53 AM   #57
bob(nz)
bob(nz)'s PC Specs

Re: Frozen Cascade

By kayl
its a tray pack, they only arrived on monday, so might be a newer revison we see.
You will be impressed with this CPU regardless - there arent too many bad overclockers

By kayl
i ended up having a little play with my presler to tune the cascade. idle -97c and load -83c, i need to to some tunning now to get unit a little colder
Nice work there kayl Looking forward to seeing just how low she can go
bob(nz) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 11:14 PM   #58
kayl
kayl's PC Specs

By MOJOM@N
Thanks kayl. I love the Tube that i got from you. just have to make better insulation for next lot of runs.
thanxs MOJOM@N, i cant wait till my new laser cut hold down plates are ready, that will help with mounting. Im only using 6mm of insulation on the back of my mobo and 9mm on the top side. socket is air tight though

By before
looks nice
what tunning do think to do?
hmmm, first shorten the capillary line maybe 30-45cm. i had to run 5psig or so at load and idle close to 0psig, normally i can run 10hg on the cascades, but thats with a single core cpu. been a while since i done cascades and specially since cpus are higher heatloads as well.

If that doesnt work i will disconnect the suction line heat exchanger on the second stage. do you normally use a SLHX with your cascades these days before?
i used a 2m SLHX on this one, im not getting frost all the way back to the compressor though.

By bob(nz)
You will be impressed with this CPU regardless - there arent too many bad overclockers
Nice work there kayl Looking forward to seeing just how low she can go
thanxs bob(nz) i have some weeks up my sleeve still on the project, seems that golden eagle the designer of the cascade controllers has only just got the k-type controller working. hes gonna start the cascade controller soon. originally i was told july
kayl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 07:19 AM   #59
MOJOM@N
MOJOM@N's PC Specs

By kayl
thanxs MOJOM@N, i cant wait till my new laser cut hold down plates are ready, that will help with mounting. Im only using 6mm of insulation on the back of my mobo and 9mm on the top side. socket is air tight though
I didn't have mine fully air tight for my first run, I guess you learn as you go.
MOJOM@N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 01:46 PM   #60
kayl
kayl's PC Specs

bad news my E6600 got lost in the mail.
It was ment to arrive monday, i spoke with delivery centre and they had it as being delivered monday but i never got it, have to wait till next moday before sender can place a claim through australia post damit.

so looks like the E6600 benching is on hold till then, not sure how long they will take to sort either
looks like im gonna have to work on the cascade instead, thinking of removing the SLHX from second stage to try and improve temps.
Old 11-10-2006, 02:46 PM   #61
MOJOM@N
MOJOM@N's PC Specs

By kayl
It was ment to arrive monday, i spoke with delivery centre and they had it as being delivered monday but i never got it, have to wait till next moday before sender can place a claim through australia post damit.

so looks like the E6600 benching is on hold till then, not sure how long they will take to sort either
looks like im gonna have to work on the cascade instead, thinking of removing the SLHX from second stage to try and improve temps.
Thats no good. Did 'It estate' put insurance on it. I would hate that to happen to me. Hope to see you up and running when your CPU arrives.
MOJOM@N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 12:15 AM   #62
eva2000
Administrator
eva2000's PC Specs

twitter.com/i4memorycom Facebook Page livestream.com/i4memorycom

By kayl

oh crap that ain't good, austpost are

Hence why i only use fastway.. haven't lost an item yet.

Last time i lost auspost reg post was when i bought some PSP games 2nd hand, never arrived. Took around 3+ weeks after sender lodged a claim for insurance before Austpost paid out.

Good luck mate
eva2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 11:27 AM   #63
bob(nz)
bob(nz)'s PC Specs

By kayl
bad news my E6600 got lost in the mail..
Man that sux!!

Got a spare E6700ES here that you could borrow if you like Let me know

By kayl
:looks like im gonna have to work on the cascade instead, thinking of removing the SLHX from second stage to try and improve temps.

Yeah - lets get that sucker colder Looks like it is coming together nicely though - just wish that damn controller would turn up
bob(nz) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2006, 12:11 PM   #64
kayl
kayl's PC Specs

By MOJOM@N
Thats no good. Did 'It estate' put insurance on it. I would hate that to happen to me. Hope to see you up and running when your CPU arrives.
i wasnt going to say who sent it, i requested registed post so i sign for it, but they sent it express post so no insurance, they are placing a cliam monday, so we see what happens.

By eva2000
oh crap that ain't good, austpost are
Hence why i only use fastway.. haven't lost an item yet.
Last time i lost auspost reg post was when i bought some PSP games 2nd hand, never arrived. Took around 3+ weeks after sender lodged a claim for insurance before Austpost paid out.

yeah fastway have been good by you, i pritty sure i use them to send my cooling systems.

Good luck mate
By bob(nz)
Man that sux!!
Got a spare E6700ES here that you could borrow if you like Let me know
Yeah - lets get that sucker colder Looks like it is coming together nicely though - just wish that damn controller would turn up

if i have to wait a few weeks i might take ya up on that bob(nz). i should have bought a E6600 off now shouldnt have i.
i removed the suction line heat exchanger last night, second stage is running much better now, i get cold return all the way to the compressor which is the way i like it.
from load tester it recovers back to -106c pritty quickly, so little chance it should idle on a pc at -100c or colder which was my aim.
Also on the resistor load i was holding -92c which was also my target, now just have to see how she benches and its basically finshed
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC08566.JPG (66.2 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg DSC08559.JPG (64.7 KB, 8 views)