If you have questions or comments, they can be posted in discussion thread here http://i4memory.com/showthread.php?t=4737
Some further notes:
1. nLite needs .Net Framework installed to run properly
2. This guide needs WinXP Pro SP2 as the working base to start from.
So for WinXP Pro SP1 users:
- Start a new session with fresh WinXP Pro SP1 base copied to a new folder on hard drive.
- Download WinXP Pro SP2 update from microsoft.com.
- Start nLite v1.4 beta and point to the WinXP Pro SP1 base copied to a new folder as source
- At Task Selection stage in Step 4, select only Service Pack (and maybe bootable ISO if you want a base SP2 cd-rom for future purposes) and nothing else
- On next page you will be prompted to point to the service pack location - that is the WinXP Pro SP2 download location on your hard drive. Once pointed to it will begin the integration of SP2 into your SP1 base cd-rom.
- Once completed, go to create a bootable ISO and burn to CD-RW if you want a base SP2 cd-rom created. Skip this step if you just want to get on with the custom addon package guide.
- Next, finish and close the nLite session.
- Now your base source files are for WinXP Pro SP2. You can winzip or copy this source elsewhere to keep in a same place so for future nLite sessions you can make a copy of this SP2 source to work as base files for future nLite sessions so you don't need to redo SP2 slipstreaming.
- Now start on the addon guide http://i4memory.com/showthread.php?t=4736 pointing to this SP2 source base