You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!
View Single Post - eva2000's nLite Custom Addon Package + RyanVM updates + Xpized Lite + Luna Royale
View Single Post
Old 21-09-2007, 02:31 AM   #3
eva2000
Administrator
eva2000's PC Specs

twitter.com/i4memorycom Facebook Page livestream.com/i4memorycom
Re: eva2000's nLite Custom Addon Package + RyanVM updates + Xpized Lite + Luna Royale

If you have questions or comments, they can be posted in discussion thread here http://i4memory.com/showthread.php?t=4737

Some further notes:

1. nLite needs .Net Framework installed to run properly
2. This guide needs WinXP Pro SP2 as the working base to start from.

So for WinXP Pro SP1 users:
  1. Start a new session with fresh WinXP Pro SP1 base copied to a new folder on hard drive.
  2. Download WinXP Pro SP2 update from microsoft.com.
  3. Start nLite v1.4 beta and point to the WinXP Pro SP1 base copied to a new folder as source
  4. At Task Selection stage in Step 4, select only Service Pack (and maybe bootable ISO if you want a base SP2 cd-rom for future purposes) and nothing else
  5. On next page you will be prompted to point to the service pack location - that is the WinXP Pro SP2 download location on your hard drive. Once pointed to it will begin the integration of SP2 into your SP1 base cd-rom.
  6. Once completed, go to create a bootable ISO and burn to CD-RW if you want a base SP2 cd-rom created. Skip this step if you just want to get on with the custom addon package guide.
  7. Next, finish and close the nLite session.
  8. Now your base source files are for WinXP Pro SP2. You can winzip or copy this source elsewhere to keep in a same place so for future nLite sessions you can make a copy of this SP2 source to work as base files for future nLite sessions so you don't need to redo SP2 slipstreaming.
  9. Now start on the addon guide http://i4memory.com/showthread.php?t=4736 pointing to this SP2 source base

Last edited by eva2000; 22-09-2007 at 02:58 PM.