Flashing bios on Asus P5K Deluxe:
Asus P5K Deluxe uses 2MB sized bios flash ROMs. So best way to flash or update your bios on Asus P5K Deluxe is to use a USB flash drive and the motherboard's own inbuilt EZ Flash 2 function:
- Even at stock cpu/mem speeds, you need to test for stability in memtest86+ v1.70 and windows before attempting to flash your bios. Don't assume stock cpu/mem speeds means stable as AUTO sub timings or some voltages might not be the right stable combination for your component configuration.
- Put bios on USB drive
- Ensure USB legacy is enabled and boot into bios
- Use EZ Flash 2 in bios to select the bios on your usb drive.
- Follow prompts to flash and wait until the auto reboot happens.
- Sometimes it may not boot up straight away, so turn off system, clear CMOS and you should be up and running again.