You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!
View Single Post - MSI GTS 450 Cyclone review
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2010, 02:14 AM   #1
Booj
Booj's PC Specs

MSI GTS 450 Cyclone review

Hey guys,

Today i'll be taking a look at the newest card from the Nvidia stable,The GTS 450. I'll give an overview of the card and take it through it's paces in some benchmarks at stock and overclocked settings. The card is positioned as a competitor to the HD 57xx series from AMD. Since i don't have one of those cards on hand, i've chosen to compare it against the venerable previous generation card, the GTS 250 to give a reference.

Introduction

The GTS 450 is based on the Nvidia GF106 GPU, a derivative of the Fermi architecture. It is a 1.17 billion transistor chip built with TSMC's 40nm process. In it's reference configuration, it comes with 192 stream processors or 'Cuda Cores' in Nvidia parlance. It features a 783mhz core clock, 1566mhz shader clock and comes with 1gb of GDDR5 memory hooked up with a 128but bus clocked at 902mhz (3608mhz qddr.)

The MSI N450GTS is an overclocked version, based on the reference PCB but featuring a significant 850mhz core clock, 1700mhz shader clock and memory clocked at 1ghz for a 4ghz effective clock. The most obvious difference is the addition of MSI's highly regarded Cyclone cooler, which promises better and quieter cooling than the reference design.

More details and specifications can be found at the MSI website here

Pics

Booj is offline   Reply With Quote