You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!
View Single Post - Gigabyte UD9 - Intel 980x - Only 4 GB memory detected out of 12 GB G.skill ripjaws
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2010, 01:18 PM   #5
AriM
AriM's PC Specs

By Gangifilms View Post
Hello,

I just built my PC and having trouble with my computer recognizing all 12GB of my memory...My specs are as follows:

Case: LIAN LI PC-P80 Mobo: GIGABYTE GA-X58A-UD9 CPU: Intel Core i7-980X 3.33GHz
Heatsink: Lapped Noctua NH-D14 120mm/140mm/120mm - Three fans! Thermal Pad: Indigo Extreme RAM: 12GB of G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 6GB (3 x 2GB)
GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 480 PSU: SILVERSTONE ST1500 1500W SSD OS/APPS: Crucial RealSSD C300 HDD / GAMES: 600 GB Velociraptor 6 GB/s
HDD: 5 HDD's in Raid 5 for Scratch Disk: 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3 Blu-ray:Pioneer Black Blu-ray DVD Lightscribe: PLEXTOR 24X DVD/CD
OS: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit Fan Controller: Sunbeam Rheobus Extreme

Here is a link to the main thread I am posting in:
http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/5-00...cpu-ram-40303/

And here is a link to an album of pictures of my bios:
http://s960.photobucket.com/albums/a...PREMUSMAXIMUS/

I think the problem is the settings are not correct so my PC is not recognizing any of it! Please help!

I had basically the same trouble with some Patriot ("gamer series")....never really got stated timings out of it....never recognized all 24gb, at the correct clocks....

However, my kingston hyper-x seems to work at all timings and never shows up short....

I think that the ud9 doesn't like certain rank layouts....

I have tried a few other Patriot kits and had some similar findings....

I had some of patriots sector 5 sticks (12gb worth).....6gb posted just fine and clock all the way out to 2500+ at 9-11-9-30....but everything went whacky at 12gb.

On the flip side I have had kingston KHX2000cl8 run 12gb all the way out to 2100+ with clocks of 9-9-9-24....and my current layout is kingston hyper-x 1600cl9 (24gb)....will clock out to 1780+ at 8-9-9-26 and run stable all day....and always sees all 24gb

I am not sure that this applies to G-skill (have not tested any), but I think it does show that certain bank/row layouts are more/less likely to work on the ud9

I also had some issues with ADAT ram on the ud9....xpg2.0's acted very strange...

so far the best luck I have had on the ud9 has been with kingston (hyper-x) and Corsair GTX

the Corsair did post at full speeds and was stable....and showed all 12gb.....but never did like an extreme o/c

the ud9 seems to be a picky m/b....
AriM is offline   Reply With Quote