04-12-2011, 04:27 AM
Join Date: Jul 22 2004
Location: Brisbane, Australia
| | By Booj
Seems to be a bit of support
All good for the Aussie/NZ oc community
I am interested in eva's opinion as the i4memory team is his baby right from the old days and he's the captain.
Added my opinion here on OCAU addressing OCAU members specifically http://forums.overclockers.com.au/sh...0#post13860570
from other thread
Haven't read all of this thread but my points 1. Team.AU != i4memory.com hwbot team
2. Different hwbot team life stages
- Team.AU http://teamau.net is a separate entity from i4memory.com hwbot team. Team.AU members are free to bench for whatever hwbot they want to bench and submit pts for i.e. Deanzo and Team PURE hwbot team. Just so happens most Team.AU members choose to bench for i4memory.com hwbot team as most of it's members are on i4memory.com
- So while Team.AU hwbot contributions are to i4memory.com hwbot team, they are are also in their own personal self interest/ individual rankings on hwbot etc. Just as it's the same for some OCAU and other hwbot teams' individual submissions and rankings. It's just that focusing on improving individual's own rankings, pts and oc'ing skill contributes and aligns with the hwbot teams' goals as well. So merging of i4memory and OCAU, won't change that dynamic for each respective teams members - improving ones own position helps the hwbot team as a whole.
3. My personal thoughts
- Inevitably, there will be some differences in team member individual and collective goals and ideas on what a new merged team would be like, what it's immediate and future goals will be. I put this down to different stages in life for each respective team. i4memory.com hwbot team establish 4+ yrs ago vs OCAU hwbot still in growing stages. Think of it like a mid 30s guy marrying a young 20s gal. Guy more likely to want kids at his stage of life, while the girl is not ready or too young to want kids. Maybe bad analogy but you know what I mean.
- Of course, you would always wait until the girl is ready in her stage of life. For OCAU, that would mean letting OCAU hwbot team mature to the point it knows where it's heading and where it's goals more closely align with SOME (not all) of i4memory hwbot team members goals. In meantime, we can also have friendly competition between i4memory.com and OCAU hwbot teams to push each other higher and when OCAU team is ready at their life stage, look at merging.
- I do have a personal reluctance emotionally to loose i4memory.com hwbot team identity which we all built up over the years. I can get sentimental like that. I speak for myself only no idea for rest of i4memory.com hwbot team. But I assume it's same for OCAU members as well ? What would be the new team name ? Team Australia is already taken for http://teamau.net and I don't see us giving that up
- Team captains - if the new team name has i4memory in it, then I would reasonably be expected to have some form of say in the direction of the team and it's goals. If that means being a co-captain with OCAU hwbot captain(s), I'm fine with that.
- Just beware not all i4memory.com hwbot team members belong in PRO league, i.e. I'm not in PRO league. So merging teams, will result in change in rankings within the merged team. Remains to be seen, whether or not members of the merged team will have the motivation to compete in friendly rivalry to out bench/perform each other and improve their rankings or will they be demotivated as rankings etc are out of their reach. It MAY change the current OCAU hwbot team dynamic for better or worse.
- Remember, different life stages for individual members and the team. OCAU new members will want to establish themselves, improve their skills and usually the measuring stick in early life stages is your individual hwbot ranking and pts accumulated. It was the way for most of i4memory.com hwbot team members 4+ yrs ago when we were starting out as well. So it maybe the case of giving OCAU hwbot team members a chance to experience that life stage before i4memory.com team members merge in ? Or not ?
- Also Agg's opinion would also be important, after all you're attaching OCAU name to another site/forum and team. But the poll http://forums.overclockers.com.au/sh....php?t=1000303 would be good start to see what OCAU hwbot team members want first. I'll need to make a similar poll/discussion thread on i4memory.com too after seeing how this OCAU poll fairs.